No announcement yet.

Obama's Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This “non-interventionism” stance is reason enough for me to know he’s not my guy then. We’re just going to have to respectfully disagree on the matter because there is no chance I will change my view in that area. Thanks for the education.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
      We’re just going to have to respectfully disagree on the matter . . .
      Fair enough.

Comment

Just wanted to say that that church is not the church of Christ of which I am a member and minister. The international Church of Christ is something completely different.

That said...What is the problem with them supporting Africa, or anybody supporting Africa or any other country? Just because you live somewhere else doesn't make you any less proud of your heritage regardless to how far removed you are. It also doesn't make you any less willing to support another people who do not have and that you can help. To bad talk a person or group of people based on that is laughable.

Comment

I know very little about him, but one somewhat encouraging note in this whole process is how Huckabee has elevated himself from a second tier candidate to a contender. Somehow his message apparently got through....Starting as one of the guys most people had not heard of, he is now neck and neck with the pre ordained winners and bigger names.

Comment

Originally posted by luwksu
            Just wanted to say that that church is not the church of Christ of which I am a member and minister. The international Church of Christ is something completely different.
            I don't think the ICC is the same as the UCC. I did some research into the ICC and they fit the definition of a cult. A former relative (ex-wife) joined it (in Tennessee) after we divorced (she has since left). My wife was recruited in Wichita before we met and I've had two former college friends join, one of them becoming a minister.

If the UCC is affilliated with the ICC, then there is definitely a reason to be concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              I don't think the ICC is the same as the UCC. I did some research into the ICC and they fit the definition of a cult. A former relative (ex-wife) joined it (in Tennessee) after we divorced (she has since left). My wife was recruited in Wichita before we met and I've had two former college friends join, one of them becoming a minister.

If the UCC is affilliated with the ICC, then there is definitely a reason to be concerned.
              The UCC isn't affiliated with the ICC.

Comment

I'm Episcopalian/Anglican, we've enough problems without worrying about anyone else.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

I agree with that. My only concer was his being attacked for supporting Africa...

Comment

If anyone really wants to know about Barack Obama, his beliefs, life history, etc., rather than reading a propaganda email post on here, try visiting the Chicago Tribune's website and reading their investigative series "Barack Obama: The making of a candidate". The link is: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/p...0.storygallery

He is an interesting person. His grandparents and mom were originally from the El Dorado, Kansas area, which you can read about in the story "Obama's mom: Not just a girl from Kansas" on that website. Might want to read the stories on this website to see where he really comes from before the campaign season heats up, because if he is the Democratic nominee, you can be sure there will be more falsehoods spread around about Barack.

Comment

The tribune article is actually very interesting. This is the first I have ever heard of Obama's Kansas roots. Something that might come into play later down the road.

Comment

Working...
                      X