Obama's Church

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama's Church

Obama mentioned his church during his appearance with Oprah. It's the Trinity Church of Christ. I found this interesting.

Obama's church:

Please read and go to this church's website and read what is written there. It is very alarming.

Barack Obama is a member of this church and is running for President of the U.S. If you look at the first page of their website, you will learn that this congregation has a non-negotiable commitment to Africa. No where is AMERICA even mentioned. Notice too, what color you will need to be if you should want to join Obama's church... B-L-A-C-K!!! Doesn't look like his choice of religion has improved much over his (former?) Muslim upbringing.

Are you aware that Obama's middle name is Mohammed? Strip away his nice looks, the big smile and smooth talk and what do you get? Certainly a racist, as plainly defined by the stated position of his church! And possibly a covert worshiper of the Muslim faith, even today. This guy desires to rule over America while his loyalty is totally vested in a Black Africa!

I cannot believe this has not been all over the TV and newspapers.
    This is why it is so important to pass this message al ong to all of
    our family & friends. To think that Obama has even the slightest
    chance in the run for the presidency, is really scary.

Click on the link below:

This is the web page for the church Barack Obama belongs to:
    https://<a href="https://www.tucc.or.../about.htm</a>

Snap,

You "can't believe this"???? Are you serious? The media will not touch anything even nearing negativity with this man. At this point he is untouchable. And by the way, racism only exists in the euro-american community. It does not exist anywhere else. White america is the root, cause and effect of all that is wrong in the world or haven't you been paying attention?

Comment

Are you aware that Obama's middle name is Mohammed?
      It's actually Hussein... but what diference does it make? I won't be voting for He or Hillary, but don't get crazy with the conspiricy stuff.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

You "can't believe this"???? Are you serious? The media will not touch anything even nearing negativity with this man. At this point he is untouchable. And by the way, racism only exists in the euro-american community. It does not exist anywhere else. White america is the root, cause and effect of all that is wrong in the world or haven't you been paying attention?
        I really hope you aren't serious...

Comment

Re: Obama's Church

Originally posted by Snapshot9
          Obama mentioned his church during his appearance with Oprah. It's the Trinity Church of Christ. I found this interesting.

Obama's church:

Please read and go to this church's website and read what is written there. It is very alarming.

Barack Obama is a member of this church and is running for President of the U.S. If you look at the first page of their website, you will learn that this congregation has a non-negotiable commitment to Africa. No where is AMERICA even mentioned. Notice too, what color you will need to be if you should want to join Obama's church... B-L-A-C-K!!! Doesn't look like his choice of religion has improved much over his (former?) Muslim upbringing.

Are you aware that Obama's middle name is Mohammed? Strip away his nice looks, the big smile and smooth talk and what do you get? Certainly a racist, as plainly defined by the stated position of his church! And possibly a covert worshiper of the Muslim faith, even today. This guy desires to rule over America while his loyalty is totally vested in a Black Africa!

I cannot believe this has not been all over the TV and newspapers.
          This is why it is so important to pass this message al ong to all of
          our family & friends. To think that Obama has even the slightest
          chance in the run for the presidency, is really scary.

Click on the link below:

This is the web page for the church Barack Obama belongs to:
          https://<a href="https://www.tucc.or.../about.htm</a>
          Looks like someone is reading between the lines a bit much this morning. Look everyone has a right to what they think and believe but maybe we should not try to spew hate and intolerance on any level here on our beloved shockernet. What you wrote could easily come off as racism and it sure sounds like your calling out obama as a reverse racist to a degree. Your essentially doing what you seem to have an issue with. You dont like his churches propoganda so you come here and spread more propoganda against what you are threatened by. I'm not an Obama guy but I think you are going to far with this one snap. You certainly could tone it down a bit and read between the lines less.

Comment

Snap,

That is a United Church of Christ. Very much different from a Church of Christ. Second of all, that church also happens to have Oprah Winfrey as a member, plus many other powerful people around Chicago.

And since you pretty much can twist any words to mean something else, well...I guess you're free to do that.

They have a commitment to Africa because that is where most of their decendents came from. Oprah spends lots of money there and the church has that as their mission projects. Every church has specific things that they send money for, and this is what they do.

You can choose to vote for anyone you want, but twisting stuff off of a church website is going a little far here in a strongly solidified republican state.

Comment

First, I got this in an email, and just copied it to here. Second, I have no qualms about voting for a Black person for President, IF it is the right Black person, i.e., Colin Powell.

What I do object to is his 'Muslim' family background, and the large gray area that surrounds that, even with him giving off bad vibes sometimes. And yes, there are lots of Black Muslims in Africa, and I do understand them wanting to help people in Africa, which has countless problems.

My family heritage is from Scotland, but I don't send money there. If you are more than 1 generation removed from a country, you loyalty should be to the country you were born in and live in. The Slavery card is getting old, about 250 years old, and is used for excuses or to get sympathy in today's world.

Obama does not help himself by not standing up for America, like refusing to put his hand over his heart during the pledge of Allegiance. In fact, all indications and nuances seem to indicate his priority for allegiance lies somewhere else. I simply do not trust him.

And don't worry, I won't vote for Hillary either. We sure don't need a woman President at this juncture in time for our Country.

In fact, my choices would be Arnold (yes, I know he can't)
              and Colin Powell.

Comment

You just dont know how to stop the bleeding do you. Kinda sounds like you wouldnt vote for a woman because they are a woman and not because of where they stand and thats troubling. That comes off as sexist on top of some of the racist tones you just suggested. Your really not helping yourself here. These are touchy subjects and I suggest you put more thought into what you write and say here be it copying an e mail or typing it yourself. I have no qualms with people wanting to talk politics here in the off topic section but lets have a legitimate conversation about issues as opposed to yeah but his name is muslim or shes still a woman etc. There are real issues at hand and the country needs a strong leader now more than it has in a long time. Lets make it more about issues and less about race, religion, or gender.

Comment

Obama does not help himself by not standing up for America, like refusing to put his hand over his heart during the pledge of Allegiance.
                  I am not an Obama supporter (as evidenced by my avatar) but I believe this is false. It was during the National Anthem where a lot of people do not put their hands over their hearts.

Comment

My family heritage is from Scotland, but I don't send money there. If you are more than 1 generation removed from a country, you loyalty should be to the country you were born in and live in. The Slavery card is getting old, about 250 years old, and is used for excuses or to get sympathy in today's world.
                    Last I heard, it was a Christian value to give money and support to the poor and downtrodden regardless of where they are. I've been to Scotland, and didn't notice a whole lot of starving people there. Maybe you should make a commitment to Africa, too, a-hole.
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

I remember when many people said if Kennedy is elected he'll be run by the Pope. Obama is a well educated highly intelligent man. Whether you believe in his vision for the future of this country is one thing but to try to sabotage him by this type of means is what truely is wrong with politics in this country.

I believe an individuals views on Healthcare reform, Iraq war, Education, lobbist reform are far more important than if he belongs to a certain church or doesnt belong to any at all. I am not saying their religion isnt important, but only because it may affect the way they make decisions.

There have been many elected officals who are capabable of putting the peoples welfare before their religious or lack of religious beliefs.

This country faces serious problems at this moment. All voters need to examine the candidates views on various issues. I find I like bits and pieces of several candidates platform. I will vote for the one who fits my view of where I belive the country should go.

I dont care if the candidate is Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Female, male, christian, athiest, buddhist etc. 8)
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

As it always turns out, we all have to vote for the lesser of all the evils. There will never truly be a great candidate and never has been either.

Bush was elected by the "religious right" who had no clue what his policies actually were past gay marriage and abortion. He also was elected because the Democratic candidates weren't good at all.

Obama's family background of being muslim could actually be of benefit to him. He is a christian, as are all the candidates (i believe).

Like kcshocker11 said, we should all examine the candidates and choose which one fits our ideals best. But to come on here and twist information as badly as it was, is rather ridiculous.

Comment

United Church of Christ: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Church_of_Christ

Trinity's Pastor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright

Barack Obama:
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

In my life the words of two songs always seem to fit. I post them both for your liking or not .

8)
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Good lively discussion but in all honesty the country is not ready to elect this guy. Unfortunately, I think the same is true for my favorite candidate, Mitt Romney; too many cannot get past his religion. I could be wrong but I'm afraid this country is ready to elect a woman but not yet a Mormon.

Comment

Working...
                              X