CB's Coronavirus Tips & Tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB's Coronavirus Tips & Tricks

Okay, so I've been wanting to put together a thread like this for my Shockernet buddies in case they either come Down With The Sickness or want to prevent themselves from doing so. Maybe others will want to add their tips and tricks also. I'll keep a list running or something.

https://www.vitalitymedical.com/trif...UaAkg1EALw_wcB

Teleflex Medical Triflo II Inspiratory Breathing Exerciser
    A couple months ago I purchased a few of these; one for myself and the rest for my folks and a friend. These devices are quite popular in clinical settings for getting patient's lungs open and "unstuck". When you read stories about folks that were able to bypass the ventilator and increase their oxygen saturation, they likely did it with a device like this. They're cheap. Why not?

Oximeter Blood Oxygen Saturation Monitor
    This is a must have in the Covid First-Aid kit. In fact, all older people in general should have one of these. Low blood oxygen detection buys you time with Covid or Pneumonia in general. I'm aware of multiple accounts of folks who would have survived Covid had they just went to the hospital a few days earlier. An O2 reading in the low 90's should be a signal that you need to call the doctor. AND get out your inspiratory exerciser and started huffing and puffing away.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=n95+mask&...nb_sb_ss_i_1_3

N95 Masks
    Don't leave home without 'em! I would recommend making several orders because several will likely get cancelled. Consider paying the surcharge for faster shipping. Make sure you look
    at the estimated shipping dates because some are insanely long (they're taking orders without the product and hoping to fill them in the future). If the seller craps out, Amazon will cover you. I've never lost money yet. I purchased KN95 masks because they were more available at the time. They are the Chinese equivalent. Yay Free Markets!

https://www.lowes.com/pd/ARM-HAMMER-...2Pr/1001355744

ARM & HAMMER Arm and Hammer Household Large 2Pr
    I found these gloves to fit me perfectly when doing chores that require my hands to get wet. Considering I am washing my hands more thoroughly throughout the day than I ever have before, I need to avoid the water as much as possible because it will damage the hands (which creates an open door for infection if you touch something). Ask me why I know this... *ahem* :/

https://www.dillons.com/p/-lmtd-qty-.../0004126000301

Hydrocortisone Cream
    Now... if you do find yourself washing your hands and not applying moisturizer immediately after (what dude knows to do this?) you may develop an Eczemic-like rash. Your hands will get red, itchy, and every time you wash them they will get worse. These are not safe hands to be shopping with. Here's the remedy:

Put it on 3x a day and wean yourself off of it over 7 days if necessary.

https://www.dillons.com/p/vaseline-i.../0030521308700

Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Repair Unscented Body Lotion
    Now, this is what you want to put on your hands to keep yourself from suffering the above maladies:

This is the good stuff. I tried multiple brands and this is what your dermatologist will recommend. No parabens, no fragrance, and non-greasy. Your hands will feel excellent and your lady will be impressed! ;)

https://www.amazon.com/Amber-Glass-B...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

2 oz spray bottle (available in the travel section of most stores)
    A while back I was looking for a good way to clean my phone. I came across a safe and easy way without messing up the expensive screen. You fill your bottle with 50% 70% isopropyl alcohol and 50% distilled water. Just spray the front and back several times a day or whenever you come back home and wipe it off with a paper towel. My phone has never been so clean. I know it's diluted a bit below the CDC recommended 60% for hand sanitizers but this is a wet spray on a hard surface, and I'm not going to ruin my screen with higher alcohol content. I'm drawing the line! I gotta believe spraying my phone several times a day is at least giving any potential pathogens a serious limp. It "smells very alcoholic" when I spray it. That sounded scientific didn't it wufan? ;)

Okay, those are my tips for now. Hope they help someone a little. More to be added later.

T

Got a new tip/trick to add.

Considering that convalescent plasma is THE best therapy we have at the moment for rescuing Americans from the jaws of Covid, I hatched an idea.

Get your blood type tested if you haven't already. You can donate at the Red Cross and you will not only get your type but also a free Covid serology test.

If you'd rather just test yourself at home, here you go:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x-Blood-T...69f3d52ca031e4 1 kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-Blood-T...69f3d52ca031e4 2 kits

After you test yourself and your loved ones, you can identify any matched types and strategize accordingly. If a weaker member of your family becomes infected, a stronger member with the same type could infect themselves and then be able to donate their healing plasma to the ailing family member. I know this strategy is not without some risk, but sons/daughters could ostensibly make the sacrifice for a parent. There is enough gap in the recovery time of a person with a good outcome and the person with a bad outcome to still be able to help if one were to infect themselves on the same day they learn a loved one is symptomatic.

Once convalescent plasma becomes readily available in all blood types this strategy will no longer be relevant.

P.S. Type A is purportedly the worst blood type to have when contracting Covid.

T

Comment

Found a really inexpensive source of KN95 masks for civilians.

KN95/FFP2 Face Masks with 4 barrier layers and a secure seal for maximum protection. Easy to breathe through and comfortable to wear. All orders ship FREE from our US Warehouse. Our production process is ISO certified and we guarantee our face masks are the highest quality. Bulk orders available.

1.00 ea is about as good as you're gonna find. Better stock up now because if the **** hits the fan this fall/winter (like it's predicted to), you won't get another chance at these prices - if at all.

Comment

Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; October 7, 2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

nm
          Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; October 7, 2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

6% of the total Covid deaths have been people with no underlying health conditions. That's 12,660 deaths out of 7,530,000 cases. That's a death rate of 0.17%. I think he'll be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              One warning: If you come at me in this thread with your propagandist bullshit instead of expressing condolences, I will be merciless. This one hits pretty close to home for me. :(

Comment

Moved.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Found a really inexpensive source of KN95 masks for civilians.

KN95/FFP2 Face Masks with 4 barrier layers and a secure seal for maximum protection. Easy to breathe through and comfortable to wear. All orders ship FREE from our US Warehouse. Our production process is ISO certified and we guarantee our face masks are the highest quality. Bulk orders available.

1.00 ea is about as good as you're gonna find. Better stock up now because if the **** hits the fan this fall/winter (like it's predicted to), you won't get another chance at these prices - if at all.
                  Still available. A little bit tight fitting, although I'm a big man. But a much better construction than most N95's I've used. Even has foam inside around the nose for a tighter, more comfortable seal. Easier to breathe through too. At first I thought it was too easy to breathe, but the quality certifications come in and on the box. FFP2 which is the British compliment to N95 and China's KN95.

Comment

My son got sent home from work yesterday. Seven guys that he is in close contact to on the jobsite were sick. Three went and got tested, all positive. Everyone had to be tested. My son, who already had the virus and quarantined with me, got a quick test negative and his 24 hour test also negative. He showed up today and was again sent home, everyone else, positive. I guess the little sh!t still has some antibodies floating around.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      My son got sent home from work yesterday. Seven guys that he is in close contact to on the jobsite were sick. Three went and got tested, all positive. Everyone had to be tested. My son, who already had the virus and quarantined with me, got a quick test negative and his 24 hour test also negative. He showed up today and was again sent home, everyone else, positive. I guess the little sh!t still has some antibodies floating around.
                      If my memory serves, he had a nasty (mild) case like yourself right? The nastier the course, the better immune response as a general rule.

Comment

Still available. A little bit tight fitting, although I'm a big man. But a much better construction than most N95's I've used. Even has foam inside around the nose for a tighter, more comfortable seal. Easier to breathe through too. At first I thought it was too easy to breathe, but the quality certifications come in and on the box. FFP2 which is the British compliment to N95 and China's KN95.
                        Update on this company: The tighter fitting masks eventually started suffering some snapped elastic bands. (CB obviously has a big head......) :P

I called them up and they said they will send me out another box with a larger size and I can keep the ones I have. Good people! Now I can donate the remaining small masks to folks with smaller heads (and brains) like wufan.

Comment

Update on this company: The tighter fitting masks eventually started suffering some snapped elastic bands. (CB obviously has a big head......) :P

I called them up and they said they will send me out another box with a larger size and I can keep the ones I have. Good people! Now I can donate the remaining small masks to folks with smaller heads (and brains) like wufan.
                          I will DM you. I can wear it like a hat.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

If my memory serves, he had a nasty (mild) case like yourself right? The nastier the course, the better immune response as a general rule.
                            Yup. He's fine, the company he works for is a sub on a Kewitt project. Kewitt is now requiring daily tests. So he goes to work
                            , does his shift and stops somewhere to get checked on the way home. All of the plumbers and fitters that have already had covid are negative, the rest, are all on sick leave. The more he works, the less he can mouth off to me, its all good.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                            X