No announcement yet.

Fire President Golden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a Beaker friend of mine asked me if this would hurt the university. I told him that it will destroy the basketball program and perhaps the entire school. He did not seem distraught

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      I ask myself if Dr Golden would have uninvited a guest speaker that was a liberal activist and several dozen students and or professors rose up against this person speaking. I believe in free speech and if someone is speaking against what I believe I can choose not to go or I can let my views be heard. Unfortunately I don't think this was a good decision by our President and hope he can learn from this. If he feels that the right to free speech is subjective and can choose who speaks then it is time to look for a new leader. But hey that's just my view on free speech.
      The comparison, and question would be if Michelle Obama accepted an invite to speak at a WSU Virutal Commencement, would the same thing happen? The answer to that is No. Even though I thought that President BO and his good political left wing militant, law breaking domestic terrorist Bill Ayers were extreme in their views, I would not be for cancelling Michelle Obama's invite and speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The comparison, and question would be if Michelle Obama accepted an invite to speak at a WSU Virutal Commencement, would the same thing happen? The answer to that is No. Even though I thought that President BO and his good political left wing militant, law breaking domestic terrorist Bill Ayers were extreme in their views, I would not be for cancelling Michelle Obama's invite and speech.
        Absolutely agree. And please remember Ivanka's role with the national tech career commission. It is ridiculous for the Eagle editorial board to call her "incendiary" - stupid stupid stupid

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          a Beaker friend of mine asked me if this would hurt the university. I told him that it will destroy the basketball program and perhaps the entire school. He did not seem distraught
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Isn't the speech she was going to give available online? I would be interested if you would point out exactly what there is in that speech that is offensive to you.
            Because Rachel Maddow and Don Lemon tell me so!!!

Comment

Unfortunately we on the right tend to tolerate while the other side is out of control and intolerant....having said that...fire his ass

Comment

He gone yet?

Can't wait to hear the reports of him getting boo'd at commencement. He needs to hit up ZipRecruiter.com ASAP!

T

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                  I'm happy not to have my alma mater sullied by propaganda from Ivanka Trump.
                  Wow! I see what you mean. No doubt the most uninspiring piece of divisive political propaganda I have ever heard.

Comment

Wow! I see what you mean. No doubt the most uninspiring piece of divisive political propaganda I have ever heard.

Agree, that was horrible and terribly offensive... I’m simply speechless.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

She's too white.

T

Comment

Watched it. We are really really stupid. Embarrassingly stupid right now. This is one of the all time lows for the university in my opinion. But if this is the world I live in now, there will be lower lows in the near future though so at least that is comforting :)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          Watched it. We are really really stupid. Embarrassingly stupid right now. This is one of the all time lows for the university in my opinion. But if this is the world I live in now, there will be lower lows in the near future though so at least that is comforting :)
                          What's funny is, Jay G. probably didn't even watch it. He cancelled her without even attempting to fact find. This is how you end up looking like a deranged feckless asshole.

T

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
                            I'm happy not to have my alma mater sullied by propaganda from Ivanka Trump.
                            Just thought I'd have dinner ready when ever you are.

crow1.jpg
                            Last edited by ShockTalk; June 18, 2020, 08:34 PM. Reason: Poor skills at typing and reading at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

are you suggesting that having snoop dogg and pole dancers could also hurt a university?

Comment

Working...
                              X