Fire President Golden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire President Golden?

His leadership ability is in question, his record is tainted, his job as ambassador to the community and alumni is likely permanently compromised. We need a fresh start.

T

I vote that President Golden be retired.
    68.00%
    I vote that President Golden be retained.
    32.00%

Where's option 3):

Who is President Golden?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Where's option 3):

Who is President Golden?
      Unfortunately many of our freedom-loving donor base will vote that option. Apathy is worse than insurrection in this case. They'll all just go quietly away and leave their estates someplace else.

T

Comment

I'm happy not to have my alma mater sullied by propaganda from Ivanka Trump.
        Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ROOT ANGRY! View Post
          Whose propaganda do you prefer?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

If his decision leads to a realized loss in donations, decline in enrollment and a regression of the Innovation Campus, then he should be fired.

Comment

I've heard of a country that is in the far Northwest where there is a far left utopia and they control all of the speech. No one in that town disagrees and they have no police to make them behave differently. While they have no police, one of the leaders has been seen with a sub machine gun but since they all agree with each other, i'm sure no one cares. I'm not sure about their economy, or jobs, or where their food will come from, but their machine gun wielding leader reports that they are all happy.

Comment

She's campaigning for her dad in a commencement speech? News to me.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I ask myself if Dr Golden would have uninvited a guest speaker that was a liberal activist and several dozen students and or professors rose up against this person speaking. I believe in free speech and if someone is speaking against what I believe I can choose not to go or I can let my views be heard. Unfortunately I don't think this was a good decision by our President and hope he can learn from this. If he feels that the right to free speech is subjective and can choose who speaks then it is time to look for a new leader. But hey that's just my view on free speech.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I ask myself if Dr Golden would have uninvited a guest speaker that was a liberal activist and several dozen students and or professors rose up against this person speaking. I believe in free speech and if someone is speaking against what I believe I can choose not to go or I can let my views be heard. Unfortunately I don't think this was a good decision by our President and hope he can learn from this. If he feels that the right to free speech is subjective and can choose who speaks then it is time to look for a new leader. But hey that's just my view on free speech.
                    Remember this is not a free speech issue but “censorship” issue.

Comment

An extremely intelligent and thoughtful young conservative female student at WSU shared this thought with me a few days ago:

I don't believe President Golden should be fired. If he's fired, it just furthers the cancel culture that is going on right now. Somewhere it has to stop. Also, so far everything I've seen has been good for the students, outside of this decision. I believe he has the student's best interest in mind even if he was wrong here. He shouldn't be fired for one mistake.

I was impressed, and even though I explained why I believe that the bigger picture shows a deeper issue, I found her stance thoughtful and encouraging.

The only downside to the discussion was that she reluctantly shared that she didn't believe she could discuss this with her parents because she knew how they felt and would either tell her she was wrong or be disappointed in what she believed. I told her that in no way, shape or form would any parent that raised someone to be that intelligent and thoughtful ever be disappointed.

I then retired to seclusion to ponder what an absolutely horrific job as a father I've done to make my daughter think she couldn't discuss something with me. And I am beyond ashamed.

Comment

My family has been basketball season ticket holders for 20 years. We have been going to the games for 25 years. I grew up in Henry Levitt. We continued with the tickets when my parents moved out of state in 2014 and when I moved in 2016. Yesterday my father made the calls to cut ties with the school. No tickets, no SASO.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Isn't the speech she was going to give available online? I would be interested if you would point out exactly what there is in that speech that is offensive to you.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Remember this is not a free speech issue but “censorship” issue.
                            Two thoughts on this
                            Tomato tomahto
                            You can put lipstick on a pig but...

Comment

Fatal

Comment

Working...
                              X