No announcement yet.

Favorite TV shows anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Americans - may be my favorite show of all-time. Great writing, complex characters, and a really compelling story...basically, Russian spies living in America in the early 80s illegally under American identities. Oh yeah, they happen to live next door to an FBI counterintelligence agent.

Really want to try Turn at some point. Looks great. Currently, the wife and I are watching Prison Break (I've seen it before).
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      The Americans - may be my favorite show of all-time. Great writing, complex characters, and a really compelling story...basically, Russian spies living in America in the early 80s illegally under American identities. Oh yeah, they happen to live next door to an FBI counterintelligence agent.

Really want to try Turn at some point. Looks great. Currently, the wife and I are watching Prison Break (I've seen it before).
      Loved me some Turn

Comment

I really enjoyed Turn.

I'm currently working through The Mentalist and find it to be enjoyable and fun.

I think the only current show running that I'm still watching is The Blacklist. Spader is fantastic.

I need to catch back up on Ozark. I need to find a spot online to catch up on Yellowstone.

I recently binged ALF on Tubi. Cheers is always fun. I think it's still on Netflix.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

Well, you’re a *****.
          Well, there is FAUDA on Netflix. Season 4 is being shot now.

Comment

Didn’t know where to put this, but I was watching TV (fitting for the thread?) and think I saw Jans at the Lakers v Suns game??? Yes? No?
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Leave it to Beaver is on the Roku channel. Solid show.

I'm binging Shameless now. New Girl is funny too.

The Expanse was a good one for Si-Fi.

Good War series was Generation Kill. It took me a couple of episodes, but I enjoyed it.

Currently waiting for new episodes of Yellowstone and Better Call Saul. Those are probably my favorite shows that are still running.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

The Americans had my full attention from the get go! I kept having to remind myself that I wanted them to get caught and be mercilessly killed. Was kind of disappointed that they didn't.

Turn is awesome as well.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The Expanse is really well done.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    The Expanse is really well done.
                    You made me think…I really miss Northern Exposure and wish I could rewatch that series sometime. It had some unique and quirky characters.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      Leave it to Beaver is on the Roku channel. Solid show.

I'm binging Shameless now. New Girl is funny too.

The Expanse was a good one for Si-Fi.

Good War series was Generation Kill. It took me a couple of episodes, but I enjoyed it.

Currently waiting for new episodes of Yellowstone and Better Call Saul. Those are probably my favorite shows that are still running.
                      The Rockford Files is also on the Roku Channel. One of my all time go-tos for some humorous action.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

You made me think…I really miss Northern Exposure and wish I could rewatch that series sometime. It had some unique and quirky characters.
                        The Eskimo character, Darren Burrows, was the brother to a kid I went to high school with as well as a guy I worked with at Pfizer. The father of the three brothers was the villain in white in the untouchables...character actor Billy Drago.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                          Didn’t know where to put this, but I was watching TV (fitting for the thread?) and think I saw Jans at the Lakers v Suns game??? Yes? No?
                          Doesn't look like him to me.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Has anyone given Kim's Convenience a chance (Canadian comedy, available on NetFlix)?

My guess is if you aren't laughing in the first 5 minutes, go ahead and turn it off, you won't appreciate the brand of humor. I was recently turned on to this show, and I haven't regretted one second.
                            I started it yesterday. I like it.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Time to come clean. Who has watched Squid Game on Netflix?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Time to come clean. Who has watched Squid Game on Netflix?
                                I saw it as I was scrolling last night. Worth watching? The premise sounds interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X