Arthur Gunn - American Idol 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Gunn - American Idol 2020

American Idol is something I seldom watch, but the Mrs. talked me into watching last night. Arthur is a Nepal-born musician and currently resides in Wichita. He made the Top 10 (11) last night.
    He has an interesting style and something I really enjoy. Hope Arthur brings home the title... I beleive he has a chance.

"Arthur Gunn put a unique spin on a country classic during Sunday Night's (May 3) American Idol episode. The Kathmandu, Nepal-born singer, who emigrated to Wichita, Kan., in 2014, turned John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads" into a reggae jam."

Here's Arthur's audition...

... and a little more if interested...

... and more...

... and more...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

I mean, my goodness. That rendition of "Hard to Handle" was nothing short of incredible.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
      I mean, my goodness. That rendition of "Hard to Handle" was nothing short of incredible.
      Don't think there's any question about it, he's going to hit it big. Listen to this one... it's one of his. He has a voice I can listen to all day long. Grab a beer and relax. The more I listen, the more I like him... can't get enough. I thank my wife for insisting that I watch him last night.

One of his originals...

He's blowing up with a world-wide fan club...

smh...
      Last edited by WstateU; May 4, 2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for sharing this. Gave me goosebumps! I work with folks from South Asia all the time (Nepal specifically) and even though they aren’t Kansas born, it’s easy to consider them part of the community. So proud to see a local kid doing well!
        Livin the dream

Comment

Arthur makes Final 7... tribute to his mother.

Last night's final episode performances... Arthur finishes 1st runner-up in the 2020 American Idol competition.

Congratulations Arthur! You made Wichita proud.

Comment

Working...
          X