How's your 2020 mental health?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How's your 2020 mental health?

There's a lot going on right now. We mostly talk sports here, sometimes to break up the other things in our lives. I've read several stories and heard many reports regarding this subject, but I'm curious about the people I share thoughts with throughout the years on this fine forum. How is everyone doing these days?
    Improved. Self isolating has improved family relationships and it's been a blessing
    8.82%
    No change for the most part. Balancing the good with the bad just like always
    61.76%
    The bad is outweighing the good. No serious troubles but anxious to return to normal
    29.41%
    Struggling. Tough to see many positives, feeling beat and concerned this may be the new normal
    5.88%
    Depressed or close. Serious financial and relationship problems. Struggling to see a recovery
    0%
    Dire. Depression. Sadness that rarely abates. Financial and emotional damage. Help needed
    0%

You can choose more than one answer. I left it private but am open to revealing the votes and voters if people think that might be helpful.

Comment

Im tired of this, but...I have increased my daily exercise from bout nil to 1 hour per day. I’m eating healthier too. I’m able to do dishes while on conference calls and such, so I have more free time.

I’d like to go see my parents and my in-laws. Well, not really my in-laws, but my wife probably would. Now that I think about it, this is damn near heaven!
      Livin the dream

Comment

We've actually been working a little. (supporting essential business customers.) Last week was the first actual slow down for me. Worked Monday, no on T-W-Th, worked late Friday, have to work Mon-Tues. Unsure for rest of week. Kind of "on call" I guess. Been following the KDOL troubles with concern, mostly for other people. Daughter is working in essential food services and son is a teacher, so they are both still doing fine. Just really, really, bored they can't go to the Y and such. They have been (slowly) hanging around (only) close friends, but other than work, they just hang out at the house a lot.

My biggest concern is for small business, which I work in and a lot of people work in. One of our (medical) customers actually shut down about a month ago. I can't help but wonder what the mortality rate for small business will be in the country....I'm hoping it stays under 30% and that we make it.

Comment

My wife did get furloughed for three weeks. Her small business (the one she works for, not owns) is bringing her back for 24 hours per week.

Im working from home. My weekly meetings have increased from 45 hours/week to 60 hours/week. I obviously don’t make all of them, but I’m on Webex nearly constantly from 7am to 6pm.

Hoping to have a treatment on the US market by July!!!

Caesar Milan says Exercise, discipline, affection in that order. True for prepubescent boys as well as dogs!
          Livin the dream

Comment

We are also among the fortunate ones. The software company I work for services the ag industry and I can work from home. My wife works in the public school system. My step-kids attend a small private school so they quickly moved to distance learning. My oldest son and his family are dealing with the Textron furloughs.

My youngest son is home from WSU and is probably struggling the most since he was involved in the the Jazz Arts band and is missing out on several performances and is now facing the possibility of his last full year of college being disrupted should they not return to campus. If there isn't a basketball season and he misses out on pep band he is going to be severely disappointed.

Hutch has had at least two local businesses (a book store/cafe and a deli that has been open for over 20 years) close for good. A chain restaurant has closed until the economy improves. I'm sure there will be more. We try to get takeout at least once a week from a local restaurant.

Comment

I'm blessed to be in an industry and work for a company that is very capable of functioning with everyone working from home, so financially, it hasn't hit my family at all yet. I know many people who are not in the same boat, however.

I don't mind working from home, but the stay-at-home order for KS has got me in a funk. I'm just ready to be able to go somewhere besides the grocery store or a park. There are only so many walks my wife and I can go on before it gets old.

I'm ready for this thing to be over yesterday. I miss going to church and just seeing people. A lot.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Can I just say the two people above, both of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting face to face, and both of whom are the best of the best humans, it does my heart good to know you are both doing well. Thanks for sharing that!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Can I just say the two people above, both of whom I've had the pleasure of meeting face to face, and both of whom are the best of the best humans, it does my heart good to know you are both doing well. Thanks for sharing that!
                  Thanks, Doc, that means a lot. Hope you and yours are staying well.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Thanks, Doc, that means a lot. Hope you and yours are staying well.
                    Ditto!

It's hard to imagine the difficulties we know others among our communities (even online, like ShockerNet) are dealing with. For their sakes I hope every aspect of this pandemic and "great pause" begins to fade soon.

Comment

We need recreation. We need movies, plays, concerts, sports, restaurants, and bars. Masks aren’t enough for those to open up. We need distraction.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                        My biggest concern is for small business, which I work in and a lot of people work in. One of our (medical) customers actually shut down about a month ago. I can't help but wonder what the mortality rate for small business will be in the country....I'm hoping it stays under 30% and that we make it.
                        This is almost the biggest tragedy of the whole thing to me. People will lose their entire livelihood over no fault of their own and will be completely depleted of savings and ability to make a living. Meanwhile, those deciding to shutter the businesses will continue to go along with their lives and probably prosper. Truly sad to see the types of businesses that this country was founded on be the ones to suffer the most.

Comment

Originally posted by DianaPowell
                          I feel bad. Recently, I started to have health problems and I don't have extra money to have a full workup by a doctor. My insurance doesn't cover most of the analysis I need. I'm still not sure what to do.
                          Let me guess, you discovered CBD oil to cure your problems ... right ... uhhhh Diana ... uh with the guy avatar? But where's the link?!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Taking bets: CBD oil, extended warranty auto insurance, sports betting?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Taking bets: CBD oil, extended warranty auto insurance, sports betting?
                              Sport phishing

Comment

Working...
                              X