SNL & Tebow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SNL & Tebow

What do you all think? Funny? Edgy? Over the top? Offended?

SNL is still on the air?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Very Funny!

Comment

Very, very funny!
        Last edited by JJClamdip; December 20, 2011, 04:54 PM.
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I thought it was absolutely hilarious. I'm completely sick of the Tebow hype, so when I saw someone actually making fun of the guy on a national television show, I was very happy. Yes, SNL is horrible now, but every once in a blue moon they'll pull out something pretty funny. This was one of those times.

Comment

Some need a sense of humor
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

yea thats pretty funny
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Tebow and his unexpected success (even if it's short lived) is not to blame for the hype. I don't understand why people are so quick to want to ridicule him and that which helps him have a better chance for that success as well as that of his team's success. Yes, I chuckled at the skit, but I also had a somewhat uneasy feeling as to why I thought it was funny. We can only hope that our beloved Shox should overachieve as much.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  What do you all think? Funny? Edgy? Over the top? Offended?
                  I think it's pretty interesting that they held it for the end of the program. Ceteris paribus, I would have expected such topical material to have headlined.

It was funny. As a Pats fan, it was especially funny.

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  SNL is still on the air?
                  Funny everytime someone says it. I don't know how that show limps along, but every once in a while...

Is it possible that they'll make fifty years? At 38 now.

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                  Tebow and his unexpected success (even if it's short lived) is not to blame for the hype.
                  Um, that's crazy-talk. :untroubled:
                  When you collaborate with Focus on the Family to produce a partisan commercial on possibly the most controversial topic of the generation, then, yeah, you're pretty much begging to be a lightening rod figure. Let's not pretend otherwise.

I enjoy the NFL and I enjoy watching someone attempt to play the game with unconventional methods/abilities. I enjoy watching Tim Tebow, but he's not shy about drawing attention to his faith and associates closely with people who preach about culture war between Christian's and the remainder of the planet (Who, of course, are persecutors of the faith). Aren't his parents 'Christian missionaries' in a predominately catholic country?
                  I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Funny! Some people in this country need to lighten up!

Since "religion" and politics have become so intermingled in this country, both are fair game for comedians in my opinion.
                    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumby View Post
                      Funny! Some people in this country need to lighten up!

Since "religion" and politics have become so intermingled in this country, both are fair game for comedians in my opinion.
                      It's not new. Christians have been mocked for a long time. It has only become worse lately and not just by comedians although Kathy Griffen is probably the worst.

Comment

Midgets and dwarfs have also been mocked for a long time.

You don't need to be a little person to be elected President of the United States. In fact, many presidents have been of above average height.
                        I think Pringles original intention was to make tennis balls... but on the day the rubber was supposed to show up a truckload of potatoes came. Pringles is a laid-back company, so they just said, "**** it, cut em up!" - MH

Comment

Would they do something like this if he were muslim?

I think that is why people have issues. Christians are fair game but nobody else can be touched.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I tried to watch it with an open mind. There were a couple of lines that made me snicker, but I too felt a little uncomfortable.

I wonder if the same kind of skit mocking, say, Jesse Jackson (whom they've used many times, just not in a religious way) would be received quite so well?

I have no dog in the Tebow hunt. I simply don't get the hatred that's spewed about him. If you are a Chiefs fan and you want Denver to lose and you don't like him because he's 7-2, I get that. I don't get the casual or even the non-fan that ridicules him or wants him to fail.

Has he done something really bad I don't know about? Is he somehow offending people by putting his faith front and center? I just don't get it...frankly, I hope I never do because I believe the hate is an extension of the distrust and lack of satisfaction in our own society. Can it really be that people don't like him because they just don't like themselves all that much and they want to bring him down to their own level of disappointment? I think so....

And it is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Would they do something like this if he were muslim?
                              The Muslims would be going crazy and riot in the streets if Muhammad was shown on tv.
                              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Working...
                              X