No announcement yet.

Covid-19 response stories, photos, videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this on the Internet, so it has to be true.

It does read like a scientific paper. The cited sources are reputable and can easily be checked. Unless this is a hoax and a really bad prank, there can be reason for some optimism.

An anti-malarial drug, chloroquine, was tested in China and S. Korea. It reduced virus counts in those affected, and reduced infection rates if used before becoming infected. It was used against SARS, also a coronavirus, with favorable results. Chloroquine is readily available and inexpensive. Don't get your hopes up, this could be an evil hoax, but if it's not, we have reason to be optimistic.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...pLydBc7h3q6FTI
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      I found this on the Internet, so it has to be true.

It does read like a scientific paper. The cited sources are reputable and can easily be checked. Unless this is a hoax and a really bad prank, there can be reason for some optimism.

An anti-malarial drug, chloroquine, was tested in China and S. Korea. It reduced virus counts in those affected, and reduced infection rates if used before becoming infected. It was used against SARS, also a coronavirus, with favorable results. Chloroquine is readily available and inexpensive. Don't get your hopes up, this could be an evil hoax, but if it's not, we have reason to be optimistic.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...pLydBc7h3q6FTI
      I believe it’s legit; read where there’s been some success with the same drug (s) in Australia. I’ll see if I can locate the article tomorrow. Bed time.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Found a twitter feed from the MD who wrote the article I mentioned in my previous post. This might have legs.

Comment

Fake coronavirus tracking apps are really malware that stalks you

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
            While Nero fiddled, Rome burned...I think this is Clearwater Beach and it was taken yesterday. Florida had 150 cases yesterday.

unnamed.jpg

Hey Hippocrates, what's the mortality rate for 20-29 yr. olds?

#Anchors Aweigh

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
              Hey Hippocrates, what's the mortality rate for 20-29 yr. olds?
              You've called so many people names, that I no longer have any clue who you are referring to.

The mortality rate for 18-34 year olds is super low.

Now what's the chances that one of the 71,000,000 18-34 year olds and one of the 50,000,000 65+ year olds both needing groceries or gas at the same time?

Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Hmm ... turns out that even though the mortality rate in 20-54 year olds is low, they still comprise half of the patients admitted to intensive care units, and over 35% of hospitalizations:

The report, issued Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, found that — as in other countries — the oldest patients had the greatest likelihood of dying and of being hospitalized. But of the 508 patients known to have been hospitalized, 38 percent were notably younger — between 20 and 54. And nearly half of the 121 patients who were admitted to intensive care units were adults under 65, the C.D.C. reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Found a twitter feed from the MD who wrote the article I mentioned in my previous post. This might have legs.

https://twitter.com/JamesTodaroMD/st...53266369318914
                  Here's the Australian article I referenced yesterday...

"Chloroquine, an anti-malarial drug, and HIV-suppressing combination lopinavir/ritonavir have both reportedly shown promising results in human tests and made the virus 'disappear' in infected patients."

Researchers at the University of Queensland in Australia hope to start human trials by the end of this month to see if the coronavirus can be stopped by drugs made for HIV and malaria.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Okay now that's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Hmm ... turns out that even though the mortality rate in 20-54 year olds is low, they still comprise half of the patients admitted to intensive care units, and over 35% of hospitalizations:

508 * .38 = 194.

How many of those 194 are 45+? 30+? Collage aged?.

Now that doesn't discount what you posed before about passing it on to the 65+ year olds. So they shouldn't be doing this and the doctors on the president's task force agree.

Comment

Australian professor on the results of tests he's done with two existing drugs. One is the already discussed chloroquine. The other is an antiHIV drug.

He's achieved 100% reduction of virus in infected patients. Here's what he had to say

Professor Paterson said it wouldn't be wrong to consider the drugs a possible 'treatment or cure' for the deadly respiratory infection.
                          Testing will go to a larger scale and will be used in 50 hospitals in Australia..

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...OXreQVG8TTihgw

Comment

What if the coronavirus scare is 100% fake and really a deep state government initiative to test the compliance of US citizens? Maybe even Trump is being fed lies by dark communist plants deep within the CDC!

That's a book that needs to be written.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              What if the coronavirus scare is 100% fake and really a deep state government initiative to test the compliance of US citizens? Maybe even Trump is being fed lies by dark communist plants deep within the CDC!

That's a book that needs to be written.

Comment

From the not-good-news department:

Comment

Working...
                                X