Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want To Go To A Counter Culture Dive Bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want To Go To A Counter Culture Dive Bar?

I have some creative abilities and a chance to spend the time to develop them. I don't know if I will ever get to where I can go because I hate practicing. Remind you of some of our players?

I used to play in blues bands, but that's ancient history. Now I'm working on a solo, which is incredibly harder than playing in a band. I'm unable to play passages at warp speed, so I have to work on musicality instead of amazing people with the speed I can play notes.

I've sent a demo to Kirby's and they've invited me any time I want to play. If the Kirby's stuff works out I believe I can get into Old Town and Country Clubs. It will take lots of hard work and I don't know if I have the fortitude to do that.

Here's some samples of what I do. Some of you have already heard these. I'm moving from a blues background and basis into a jazz feel. I describe my genre as "Music people paying $30 for an entree and $12 for a cocktail want to hear in the background.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

The last one is just a recording of a rough cut. I hadn't even tuned the guitar. The song I recorded after that one was so bad that I erased all the original tracks from everything I had done.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload
      Sounds like an old school double-humbucker, possibly a hollow body, but on a modern amp/recording device with a slight delay/echo pedal/processor?

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Thanks for the link; enjoyed your music. Have you ever played at The Jazz Corner in Hilton Head, SC? My wife and I catch Noel Freidline (Clearwater, KS pianist/vocals) when he is booked there. He reminds me of Harry Connick Jr.

Comment

Working...
          X