Debunked: A Possible Way to Tell if You Have Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debunked: A Possible Way to Tell if You Have Coronavirus

OK, I know this belongs in the Off Topic column and I did post it there, but after noticing that it is rarely checked, I thought that this is of such an importance that the majority of you should read it It only takes 10 seconds, if correct, to determine whether you have the virus or not
    A Possible Way to Tell if YOU HAVE THE VIRUS in 10 SECONDS

1 minute ago
    For what it is worth, I got this from a friend, of a friend. This is certainly a lot more information to look for as to whether you have the virus or not, than we have been provided. Would see no reason for someone to make this all up. But who knows. It is a simple test. Hold your breath for 10 seconds. If you can do so without coughing, you are fine. If not, start seeking medical help immediately.

Worst case, you've wasted 10 seconds.

May the Force be with You, and not the Virus. '60'
    Some simple things for your consideration.

Date: Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 8:31 AM
    Subject: Sharing important info.

I got this from a friend of mine who’s brother is on the Stanford hospital board. This is their feedback for now on Corona virus:

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days.
    How can one know if I know if I am infected?

By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late.

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning.

Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection.

Please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
    Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases:
    Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry.
    Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why?

Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash
    them down through your throat and into the stomach.
    Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't
    drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs.

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
    OK, I know this belongs in the Off Topic column and I did post it there, but after noticing that it is rarely checked, I thought that this is of such an importance that the majority of you should read it It only takes 10 seconds, if correct, to determine whether you have the virus or not
    A Possible Way to Tell if YOU HAVE THE VIRUS in 10 SECONDS

1 minute ago
    For what it is worth, I got this from a friend, of a friend. This is certainly a lot more information to look for as to whether you have the virus or not, than we have been provided. Would see no reason for someone to make this all up. But who knows. It is a simple test. Hold your breath for 10 seconds. If you can do so without coughing, you are fine. If not, start seeking medical help immediately.

Worst case, you've wasted 10 seconds.

May the Force be with You, and not the Virus. '60'
    Some simple things for your consideration.

Date: Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 8:31 AM
    Subject: Sharing important info.

I got this from a friend of mine who’s brother is on the Stanford hospital board. This is their feedback for now on Corona virus:

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days.
    How can one know if I know if I am infected?

By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late.

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning.

Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection.

Please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.
    Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases:
    Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry.
    Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why?

Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash
    them down through your throat and into the stomach.
    Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't
    drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs.
    This is anti-science nonsense.

Comment

Moved to Off Topic.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Moved to Off Topic.
        Perhaps just delete given that it's misinformation that's been debunked?

Comment

Man I just had to take huge COVID-19. Real growler.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Perhaps just delete given that it's misinformation that's been debunked?
            That was my first reaction too, but this helps people know it's been debunked.

I'll edit the topic title.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Instructions unclear. Now have COVID-19.
                The Assman

Comment

I apologize profusely for the misinformation. I should have known better to have checked it out first, but mistakenly hurried to get it out because it appeared to be a very easy, simple, and fast way to relieve a lot of people's anxiety as to whether they had the virus or not. And this is what happens when one (me), totally screws up and hurries to get something out unverified.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                    I apologize profusely for the misinformation. I should have known better to have checked it out first, but mistakenly hurried to get it out because it appeared to be a very easy, simple, and fast way to relieve a lot of people's anxiety as to whether they had the virus or not. And this is what happens when one (me), totally screws up and hurries to get something out unverified.
                    No apologies necessary... it happens to us all every now and then...

No a
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

No apologies necessary... it happens to us all every now and then...
                      Seems like just yesterday that WstateU was complaining about the Russian twins being fake.

Comment

Working...
                      X