Chiefs Fire Todd Haley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
    Of course something happened yesterday. The same thing that has been happening all year.
    The question, however, remains: Was Haley the REAL problem?

--'85.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
      The question, however, remains: Was Haley the REAL problem?

--'85.
      well he's ran off two offensive coordinators for starters Both with proven success in the NFL. Defense was an issue his first year (new system that was a given) but has consistently gotten better during the tenure. The key word is consistent! Last year when the offense was at full strength and having a good coordinator there were trying times but at least there was movement on the O side. This year was back to the same ol' 3/out punt routine.

The GM needs to better with roster management (Serious with is Palko even on the Roster) But Haley was a **** coach who did a **** job for a proud franchise. How is it not his fault?

Comment

Real list. McD is worse than Haley.
        1. Bill Cower
        2. Bill Cower
        3. Tony Dungy
        4. Brett Favre
        5. Bill Cower
        6. Jon Gruden
        7. Bill Cower
        8. Jeff Fisher
        9. Bill Cower
        10. Bill Cower

I just hope Crennel will be willing to go back to being a DC. Lord knows they need him there.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Well u r not getting bill cowher (and he would be my first choice also).

Brett favre?

Grunden- gag me
          Fisher - gage me
          Dungy - be nice but i think that fits in the cowher category of why would he?

Comment

well he's ran off two offensive coordinators for starters Both with proven success in the NFL. Defense was an issue his first year (new system that was a given) but has consistently gotten better during the tenure. The key word is consistent! Last year when the offense was at full strength and having a good coordinator there were trying times but at least there was movement on the O side. This year was back to the same ol' 3/out punt routine.

The GM needs to better with roster management (Serious with is Palko even on the Roster) But Haley was a **** coach who did a **** job for a proud franchise. How is it not his fault?
            I don't know the Chiefs' make personnel decisions, but giving Cassell the starting job and a long-term contract was idiotic. The complete lack of responsiveness to glaring issues last off-season made me think Pioli was asleep at the switch. Were they lulled into thinking that because they made the playoffs they were somehow "good"? 2010 was done with smoke and mirrors, not talent. Offensive creativity under Haley has been pathetic, but when the quarterback spends all his effort running for his life, creativity goes out the window.

I don't disagree with you, but we better see O-line help, D-line help, etc. or nothing will change despite a new coach.

--'85.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Who couldnt see this coming
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Fisher seems to be the favorite of the 810 crowd this afternoon. Cowher is considered low percentage chance... They seem to want an experienced coach that will have some leverage with Pioli.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Of course something happened yesterday. The same thing that has been happening all year.
                  It's not a surprise that he was fired this year. I expected it. But I expected it at the end of the year. I don't see a turn around here. I didn't watch the game yesterday but I thought that maybe there was a blow up on the sidelines or something.

Comment

My super secret insider sources in the KC media have informed me that there is only one name on Pioli's list.

Cam Cameron. Here is a great article about him!

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
                      My super secret insider sources in the KC media have informed me that there is only one name on Pioli's list.

Cam Cameron. Here is a great article about him!
                      God I hope your having some fun. I hear Charlie Weis is the man
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        It's not a surprise that he was fired this year. I expected it. But I expected it at the end of the year. I don't see a turn around here. I didn't watch the game yesterday but I thought that maybe there was a blow up on the sidelines or something.
                        He did get flagged during the game for unsportsmanlike conduct. I didn't watch and haven't seen it. Could that have been bad enough to go ahead and justify pulling the trigger now as opposed to later? Personally, I would have been happier if they fired him sooner.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don't see Cowher wanting to take a rebuilding job. Fisher is used to that type of situation. Although I don't understand the firing with 3 games less, (must be something behind the scenes), I'm glad it was done. I just couldn't stand to see Haley and his sweat stained faded Chiefs cap and his ugly *** pullover anymore. Even if the Chiefs has Berry, Moeaki, Charles and Cassell all season, they'd still suck.

They benefited playing a 4th place schedule last season and playing a tougher schedule this season exposed their weaknesses.

Comment

I think Miami is a more attractive job, no?

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              They benefited playing a 4th place schedule last season and playing a tougher schedule this season exposed their weaknesses.
                              I don't understand this argument anymore. There are only 2 games different between teams in the same division anymore. Kansas City's first place schedule gave them Pittsburgh and Indy, and Indy sucks. They play the same NFC teams and the same AFC East teams as the rest of their division.

They do have a harder schedule, but not because of their 1st place finish last year. The rotation of the NFC teams is the big difference, they have the NFC central not the NFC west.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                I don't see Cowher wanting to take a rebuilding job. Fisher is used to that type of situation. Although I don't understand the firing with 3 games less, (must be something behind the scenes), I'm glad it was done. I just couldn't stand to see Haley and his sweat stained faded Chiefs cap and his ugly *** pullover anymore. Even if the Chiefs has Berry, Moeaki, Charles and Cassell all season, they'd still suck.

You said some good stuff. I am gonna expound on it a little. The team needs to be rebuilt. This time Pioli needs to use all the cap space.

Coach- Cowher or Gruden. JMcD will not do, KF will not leave Iowa City.
                                DC- Crennel, please.
                                OC- Wies is taken, I think. Someone other than Bill Muir.
                                QB- The road to the right QB runs through the draft. Whether we are able to trade for a PROVEN vet (cough peyton cough), or we draft one, the next QB will come to us because of the draft. RBIII, Luck are the only rookies worth starting i think. just as well, keep Cassel to start the first few, the sit his rear on the bench.
                                RB, FB- Solid, esp. if we can resign JB and LMcC
                                O-line- Keep Lilja and Weigmann for vet experience. Ship the rest out to laundry. Use some of that cap space to get linemen that will protect the QB like a snickers
                                WR- Bowe is great, as is Baldwin and Breaston. But the talent drop off after Breaston is like parking a trailerhouse at the base of Mt Everest. Again, CAP SPACE.
                                TE- Pope, Blecht, Moeaki- life is good.
                                DL- Will be fine
                                LB- TH, JH, DJ will be the core. Stoude is okay. One more good player would be good.
                                CB- resign Carr and this will be the top CB corps in the NFL
                                S- Berry and Lewis, then the whole trailerhouse and Mt Everest thing.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X