No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice how I edited my post allowing me to shrink Trump's image into something more appropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post
      For what it is worth, I was hospitalized in Dec 2020 for Covid in suburban Atlanta. I spent several hours (5-6) pre-triage in the waiting room and then 24 hours on gurney in the hallway before they found a bed for me. Hospital beds are heaven compared to an ER gurney, which is better than sitting is a chair in the waiting room.

My small church made it through the 1st without many cases. We have had multiple case this time around, zero deaths.
      Glad you pulled through bro!

Any lasting symptoms? (Long Covid?)

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

https://shockernet.net/forum/miscell...75#post1308275

I feel GREAT about it! I actually went to 3 pharmacies that day and there was never a single person signing up for the vax while I was there. My shot probably would have ended up in the dumpster eventually. They expire quickly (5/30 days Pfz/Mod) once thawed.

CB (and his loved ones) are staying lock-step w/ Israel's program.
        I was actually nervous dealing w/ Wal-Mart w/ respect to their storage practices in that I might end up getting a dud. But the response my body had 12 hrs. later gave me confidence that it was fresh...

I wonder if some vaccinated folks who later got sick might have been given old stuff. It's gotta stay pretty damn cold. I felt very little reaction when I got Pfizer. A little achy the first shot, but really nothing the second.

Comment

The End.
          Why is it all the studies you reference only compares S protein antibodies from vaccines to S protein antibodies from natural infection. Why don't they also compare N protein antibodies?

And while you are at it, since you are all-in on Israeli science, please explain why this Israeli research: Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections that is wrong.

Vaccinated individuals had a 6.7-fold increased [risk] to be admitted compared to recovered individuals.
          6.7x is stunning, to say the least.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Why is it all the studies you reference only compares S protein antibodies from vaccines to S protein antibodies from natural infection. Why don't they also compare N protein antibodies?

And while you are at it, since you are all-in on Israeli science, please explain why this Israeli research: Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections that is wrong.

6.7x is stunning, to say the least.
            I'm not saying it's totally wrong, but there are likely inherent biases that are yet unrevealed.

For example:

1) The study may have underestimated asymptomatic infections.

2) The study does not account for waning/varying protection levels from time of vaccination to completion of study; e.g., protection at time of full vaccination is likely to be similar or superior to low-moderate infections but inferior after 6 months.

3) The study cannot account for behavior changes and risks of exposure; e.g., Billy got really sick and now he's been laying low for months w/ a lingering cough, while Tommy took the vaccine and has been hitting the clubs nonstop.

I've read many studies that would indicate long, durable immunity, and others that say exactly the opposite. There are still a lot of unknowns. The reality is, we know that vaccines lose efficacy over time, which was expected. That is all that can be gleaned from this study (and many others) with total certainty.

What this study does NOT indicate:

1) Vaccines are inferior to natural immunity therefore it's okay to forego.

2) Vaccines cannot match or exceed the level of protection gained from natural immunity from day 1 to day _ _ _.

3) Trump really won the 2020 election.

We didn't start hearing about breakthrough infections until many months after the vaccines were first distributed. In fact, daily infections were crashing in this country up until the 5-6 month mark of rollout. Some of that has to do w/ waning immunity, some w/ Delta.

Side note: due to the greater viral load one is normally exposed to w/ Delta, I would presume that your average Delta illness is worse than Alpha, and that the subsequent immunity gained is also more robust. Just another variable to consider. And getting the vaccine booster may end up being the equivalent of getting infected w/ the much more virulent Delta strain (4x higher protection from infection; 5-6x higher protection from serious illness/hosp.).
            Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; August 31, 2021, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Nearly 3,000 Coloradans Have Gotten COVID a Second Time

If you've already gotten COVID-19, it's very unlikely that you'll catch it a second time — but it does happen. The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment has documented nearly 3,000 reinfection cases.

"COVID-19 reinfections are reported when a person has a repeat positive molecular test more than three months after their initial positive test," reveals a CDPHE spokesperson, noting that the several-month gap is intended to insure that the first case has ended, rather than simply lingered at a lower level. As of early August, 2,963 reinfections had been confirmed — a tiny percentage of the 581,692 overall cases in the state counted by the department through today, August 9, but enough to cast doubt on theories that COVID survivors are so well protected by natural antibodies that they don't need to be vaccinated.
              This is documented. I'm sure you multiply that number by 2 or 3 for the actual number of reinfections. I've known several people who've caught the alien bug twice, albeit the symptoms were less severe the second go around.

The morale of the story is this: anti-vax arguments will always be ignorant regardless of circumstances.

Comment

https://www.westword.com/news/nearly...orado-12079252

Nearly 3,000 Coloradans Have Gotten COVID a Second Time

This is documented. I'm sure you multiply that number by 2 or 3 for the actual number of reinfections. I've known several people who've caught the alien bug twice, albeit the symptoms were less severe the second go around.

The morale of the story is this: anti-vax arguments will always be ignorant regardless of circumstances.
                Do you even read the articles you share? Or just find the snip you like and use it out of context?

5% of Coloradans have had COVID twice, and most were very mild to no symptoms. Sounds very much like better results than those with just the vaccine.

Also, you left out the part about those that have had it have anti-bodies that could “last a lifetime”.

Big Pharm and the US Govt would have you believe that vaccines protect you from the virus, but they don’t. More and more it is proven and even CDC Director saying this. It just limits how sick you get. Let’s change the narrative and you will find many more who would get the shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Do you even read the articles you share? Or just find the snip you like and use it out of context?

5% of Coloradans have had COVID twice, and most were very mild to no symptoms. Sounds very much like better results than those with just the vaccine.

Also, you left out the part about those that have had it have anti-bodies that could “last a lifetime”.

Big Pharm and the US Govt would have you believe that vaccines protect you from the virus, but they don’t. More and more it is proven and even CDC Director saying this. It just limits how sick you get. Let’s change the narrative and you will find many more who would get the shots.
                  That last sentence is spot on!
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Wait a minute... did you get caught out in the hurricane and receive a hard blow to your coconut? There will NEVER be an argument for infections over vaccinations, in any scenario, ever. You get GREAT immunity from catching Polio. You're also likely to get brain damage. You ALWAYS get the vaccine if you've never been infected. And if you've been infected there's clear evidence that vaccines boost your immunity w/ Covid.

1) Vaccine immunity wanes.

2) Natural immunity wanes.

3) Vaccines are free and safe. Get your booster today!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

That last sentence is spot on!
                      C'mon brother. Vaccines absolutely protect you from the virus. They protect you from infections, they protect you from hospitalizations, and they protect you from death. NOBODY, and I mean NOBODY promised us permanent immunity.

So get that booster and enjoy 4x better protection from infections and 5-6x on hospitalization.

Comment

I don’t say this often to DSB, but OWNED it.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I don’t say this often to DSB, but OWNED it.
                          Cold creates unlikely alliances

Comment

Wait a minute... did you get caught out in the hurricane and receive a hard blow to your coconut? There will NEVER be an argument for infections over vaccinations, in any scenario, ever. You get GREAT immunity from catching Polio. You're also likely to get brain damage. You ALWAYS get the vaccine if you've never been infected. And if you've been infected there's clear evidence that vaccines boost your immunity w/ Covid.

1) Vaccine immunity wanes.

2) Natural immunity wanes.

3) Vaccines are free and safe. Get your booster today!
                            Waiting for the link to support that……

Nevermind. Don’t have time for your hully gully.

The propaganda cycle is up. Test 100 people right now and more than half are likely to be positive. And showing no symptoms. Accelerated by those with the “vaccine” that think GodBidenGod made them invincible while getting those vulnerable ones around them sick.

These “vaccines” are mufflers. That’s it. They do not limit the spread. At all. And as long as it spreads among hosts, your own posts show a multitude of evidence that it will mutate. Each mutation will require another shot.

Or you can get COVID, which everyone eventually will. And those most susceptible to being hospitalized will get the shots as needed.

Either way, the money train about to slow down the cash deposits to Big Pharm and the governments big donors.

Comment

• I’m going to jump in on the side of Big Pharma here (ugh):

The vaccine is a good thing. It does protect people from illness. The technology that is being unleashed has tons of applications.

The companies (at least Pfizer) is NOT making a ton of money on this. They are getting a ton of publicity and government favors, but not a ton of money (a little money though).

There is a political issue with this disease that is a real problem, and big pharma isn’t helping that, in fact they are on the other side (not a surprise),

People that haven’t previously been infected should take the vaccine. That’s about it. Anything else being said about it IS political no matter where it comes from.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                I’m going to jump in on the side of Big Pharma here (ugh):

The vaccine is a good thing. It does protect people from illness. The technology that is being unleashed has tons of applications.

The companies (at least Pfizer) is NOT making a ton of money on this. They are getting a ton of publicity and government favors, but not a ton of money (a little money though).

There is a political issue with this disease that is a real problem, and big pharma isn’t helping that, in fact they are on the other side (not a surprise),

People that haven’t previously been infected should take the vaccine. That’s about it. Anything else being said about it IS political no matter where it comes from.
                                Can’t disagree overall, but Big Pharma has a reputation and US GVT is using that to deflect off itself onto them.

And Big Pharma has done little publicly to address the misinformation, although Pfizer, to their credit, has it on their site.

Even people who have had COVID can benefit from the “vaccine”. But the comparisons to IMMUNIZATIONS is dishonest at best. If “Stop the spread” was replaced with “Avoid the hospital” and the shots were given at Hooters, people would have taken the shots in droves.

And the US and others spent a pretty penny on Operation Warp Speed and other grants. That money went somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X