Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yeah, my wife tested positive and now I got the cranky throat.
    So sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon, and wifey too! Bright side, you have us to pass the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

So sorry to hear that. Hope you get better soon, and wifey too! Bright side, you have us to pass the time.
      Appreciate it!

Wife got it first and then about 5-7 days later I started having a very swollen supraclavicular lymph node. That was my first guess that my body was fighting something unusual. A day later I had a 200 grit sandpaper throat (not painful just irritated), and is now at 80 grit and burning even down into my trachea. At one point my wife lost her sense of smell and taste which is what triggered her to get tested (but it has already recovered fully for her). Unfortunately I can still smell and taste her cooking. She now has very mild sinus-style headaches, but not bad like MoValley John described. I haven't had much in the way of headaches yet, but I anticipate I will as I am lagging her symptoms by about a week.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Its a cakewalk once it doesn't suck.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Appreciate it!

Wife got it first and then about 5-7 days later I started having a very swollen supraclavicular lymph node. That was my first guess that my body was fighting something unusual. A day later I had a 200 grit sandpaper throat (not painful just irritated), and is now at 80 grit and burning even down into my trachea. At one point my wife lost her sense of smell and taste which is what triggered her to get tested (but it has already recovered fully for her). Unfortunately I can still smell and taste her cooking. She now has very mild sinus-style headaches, but not bad like MoValley John described. I haven't had much in the way of headaches yet, but I anticipate I will as I am lagging her symptoms by about a week.
          Get better soon! And don't give it to any additional family members, ok? :)

Comment

• Straight from the CDC - 70.2% of those who get covid ALWAYS wear a mask. Those who NEVER wear one are 3.9%.

Comment

• Praying for you and your wife Kung Wu
              Go Shocks!

Comment

Appreciate it!

Wow.......had kinda quit reading this thread. Glad I finally saw this. Prayers for you and yours

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...6tP8_jy8MUaEh4

Straight from the CDC - 70.2% of those who get covid ALWAYS wear a mask. Those who NEVER wear one are 3.9%.
                  We are 70 percenters ... always masked up when out and about.

Comment

• Masks help reduce the viral "dose". Masks contribute to asymptomatic and extremely mild infections. Think of getting infected while wearing a mask like a poor man's inoculation. Not saying this is ALWAYS the case, but it is scientifically proven to occur.

Masks just make sense.

Sounds like a billboard.

Comment

• Pretty fascinating and sad story. I think it encapsulates the reasoning behind why so many of us take this insidious, alien virus so seriously. There's a dizzying amount of variables that influence whether or not it will be a breeze, you will have a bad go, or you will have a very, very bad go.

P.S. Kung, you may not want to peruse this until you've reached the "other side". It's not exactly positive reading material. Good luck to you and GOD SPEED my friend.

Comment

• The World Health Organization has a strong message to the world: stop the shutdowns. When it comes to individuals’ health as COVID-19 sweeps the globe, the WHO warns to stop “using lockdowns as your primary control method.”

WHO says stop lockdowns

Comment

• I sit here with my mask on hoping that this posting isn’t a super spreader posting.

Comment

• Somewhat covid related as nobody knew what Zoom was in January.
                            FB_IMG_1602552528153.jpg
                            ​​​​​​​
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              About 6 months too late...figures.

Comment

• 1200 grit sandpaper this morning! Remarkable improvement. Barely feel anything in the trachea. Lymph nodes still a bit swollen but not as painful.
                                Last edited by Kung Wu; October 13, 2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X