Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm going to take your ad hominem attack as a waving of the proverbial white flag on our debate. Is that okay with you?

Gotta run!

T

Not hardly. Your data is flawed and it does nothing to prove your weak hypothesis, no matter how much your narcissism wants it to be true.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I’m not going to dispute that the deaths are slightly up on your graph, but the best fit line is REALLY off. Not sure who stuck that thing on there with MS Paint.
      Well I stuck those things on there with MS Paint sir! I am merely highlighting the higher lows of the most recent trend. The concept can be surprisingly effective on lower time-frames. I called Texas before their spike. Not that I'm looking to win any prizes...

The fundamentals are firmly aligned with the technicals. Add in my "special knowledge" and I'll lift that offer until my hands bleed.

I sincerely hope the trendline turns around. I have faith that our doctors and scientists will come up with some cures in the future. In the meantime I ask that all who read my words take them seriously. It's the logical and strategic play.

T

Comment

T

use the breakout to establish the position, the throwback to add. there’s not much time left to flatten this thing before it’s outta control.

Comment

Well I stuck those things on there with MS Paint sir! I am merely highlighting the higher lows of the most recent trend. The concept can be surprisingly effective on lower time-frames. I called Texas before their spike. Not that I'm looking to win any prizes...

The fundamentals are firmly aligned with the technicals. Add in my "special knowledge" and I'll lift that offer until my hands bleed.

I sincerely hope the trendline turns around. I have faith that our doctors and scientists will come up with some cures in the future. In the meantime I ask that all who read my words take them seriously. It's the logical and strategic play.

T

Lol! Does your data more harm than good. Those charts show increases, but your line says, “how do graphs work?”

A single flaw as a beauty mark on your otherwise impeccable intellect.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Lol! Does your data more harm than good. Those charts show increases, but your line says, “how do graphs work?”

A single flaw as a beauty mark on your otherwise impeccable intellect.
            That "beauty mark", as you say, dumps a helluva lot of moolah into my bank account fine sir. Perhaps I'll hold onto it for a few more decades with your permission.

To your point though: I am looking at a histogram of medical data and not price action in an auction market, your incredulity is noted. But a set of numbers, whose foundation is built on human behavior, can be quite geometric. Why not come along with me for a theoretical ride. Let's observe the "spooky action" without bias and see where it takes us...

T

Comment

That "beauty mark", as you say, dumps a helluva lot of moolah into my bank account fine sir. Perhaps I'll hold onto it for a few more decades with your permission.

To your point though: I am looking at a histogram of medical data and not price action in an auction market, your incredulity is noted. But a set of numbers, whose foundation is built on human behavior, can be quite geometric. Why not come along with me for a theoretical ride. Let's observe the "spooky action" without bias and see where it takes us...

T

Word salad my friend.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Word salad my friend.
                Give it time, it'll coalesce.

By the way, I could have traded this death chart quite profitably. Confirmation bias or something more...?

The two symmetrical red legs of correction after the channel breakout and the subsequent resumption of the original channel trend direction to make a final higher high before reversing is about as elegant to me as it gets. I almost needed a moist towelette when I saw that.

Just trade the setups you see. Don't guess at it.

T

Comment

T

Absolutely. So saw this and wanted to tell you that you're spot on. We've lost around 20 since last Friday here.

New cases are down, but hospital beds are still critically short. While the number of deaths is not too alarming right now, we have in the hundreds on ventilators and about twice that in ICU. I'm saying if things haven't gotten much better (in terms of survivability, taking the morbidity into consideration) we could lose as few as low hundreds more and as high as 300 or so.

And I think our health department people gave our politicians a good talking to, they are worried about what will happen in 2 weeks after people start getting their Independence Day COVID bloom.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Absolutely. So saw this and wanted to tell you that you're spot on. We've lost around 20 since last Friday here.

New cases are down, but hospital beds are still critically short. While the number of deaths is not too alarming right now, we have in the hundreds on ventilators and about twice that in ICU. I'm saying if things haven't gotten much better (in terms of survivability, taking the morbidity into consideration) we could lose as few as low hundreds more and as high as 300 or so.

And I think our health department people gave our politicians a good talking to, they are worried about what will happen in 2 weeks after people start getting their Independence Day COVID bloom.
                    Why did the protest boom take so long to mature?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

The poor and disenfranchised don’t have healthcare and so their cases are going under-reported.

Give it a couple weeks. A major publication will have that headline or something similar.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

There are always lags. Think about the articles you have read. Some people took days to get sick. And unless they're going to die quickly, they go into the hospital, spend a few days, go to the ICU, spend a few days.......and so forth. So if you end up in the ICU, I believe they are saying about a week for the onset, and then 12 days (on the average) in the hospital. That's about three weeks.

By the way, I don't really agree with the practice of protesting, and do not agree that it is 'worth the risk'.

Comment

The poor and disenfranchised don’t have healthcare and so their cases are going under-reported.

Give it a couple weeks. A major publication will have that headline or something similar.
                          We are giving free tests here to the poor here. They have gone on the news media and asked the public (if you have insurance) to go somewhere else to get tested. Funny thing, I could tell you about the people I know that have plenty of money and roll over there trying to get their free stuff, , but I don't think it belongs here.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                            Three straight days of declining cases in the US.
                            Those same three days were higher than the same days a week earlier. And now we've had two consecutive days of increases (50k, then 55k). Daily changes are misleading, due to reporting tendencies. The 7-day rolling average is more significant and that has been increasing for the past three weeks.

Deaths nearly hit 1,000 today, the highest since June 10. It will probably appear like a spike on the timeline, but I think we're now going to see that average begin to tick up.

Comment

• Well folks... it's officially here.

Just got off the phone with a friend and she is part of a cluster of "socialites" in the Wichita area that are "down with the sickness". They didn't listen to me and keep hittin' the restaurants (Deano's, Greystone, YaYa's) and now... well let's just say everybody wishes they had listened. No take-backs! No do-overs! Once that insidious, alien virus gets inside your squishy parts... you're just gonna have to ride it out. I wish them all the best! One person tried to get tested today but their doctor was out of tests and the "official testing center number" said, "eh.... we'll get back to ya's".

Wichita just recently purchased an additional cooler to expand their morgue specifically for what's spreading like wildfire in Wichita now.

Please do your part (like my friends didn't) in breaking the infection chain. Don't sit indoors with people who are not in your immediate family unless you absolutely, positively, have to.

And please wear those masks.

I say all this for my folks and yours.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Those same three days were higher than the same days a week earlier. And now we've had two consecutive days of increases (50k, then 55k). Daily changes are misleading, due to reporting tendencies. The 7-day rolling average is more significant and that has been increasing for the past three weeks.

Deaths nearly hit 1,000 today, the highest since June 10. It will probably appear like a spike on the timeline, but I think we're now going to see that average begin to tick up.

**** me it's like it's all happening at once...

We'll get a pullback tomorrow and then it's off to the races. Do you really think it will happen like that? So creepy if it does.

T

Comment

Working...
                                X