Question For Shocker Historians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question For Shocker Historians

When I was a young kid (maybe Cohen era?) I vaguely remember a game where WSU’s opponent finished a good part of the game with only 4 players on the court. I remember my dad being upset because WSU only won by 10 or 12 points or something yet are coach at the time was acting like he and the team accomplished something.

I am am wondering because a friend of mine sent me a YouTube video of Alabama finishing a game with 3 players. I told him that WSU had once beat a team who finished the game with 4 players. Now I am wondering if my memory is correct.

Cohen? Well it shouldn't be too difficult to find it by going through the 4 or 5 box scores where we actually won.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
      When I was a young kid (maybe Cohen era?) I vaguely remember a game where WSU’s opponent finished a good part of the game with only 4 players on the court. I remember my dad being upset because WSU only won by 10 or 12 points or something yet are coach at the time was acting like he and the team accomplished something.

I am am wondering because a friend of mine sent me a YouTube video of Alabama finishing a game with 3 players. I told him that WSU had once beat a team who finished the game with 4 players. Now I am wondering if my memory is correct.
      After investigating a brawl that broke out during a basketball game last week between Indiana State and Wichita State, the Missouri Valley Conference decided to suspend one player and reprimand two others, a conference spokesman said today.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I think there was a game versus Wyoming (maybe) back in the late 50s that the Shockers finished with four players. A great question for MK pre-game show.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Remember it well. One of the few times that Coach Fogler admitted that he was wrong (not theoretically but in the implementation) in coaching.

That was just crazy playing 5 on 4 for almost half the game, then 5-3 to end it. AND having the game in doubt.

Comment

There was a video of it posted here a few years back. I saved it somewhere and will take a look when I get home.

Sasha was involved because of course so.

Comment

Thanks everyone....good info

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                There was a video of it posted here a few years back. I saved it somewhere and will take a look when I get home.

Sasha was involved because of course so.
                Not hard to envision Sasha in the mix. What's hard to believe is John Cooper involvement to the point he was reprimanded by the league. There have been a lot of good dudes go through our program over the years. Not many were better people than Coop.

Would have loved to see what Coach Marshall could have done with Coop and Guff.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Remember it well. One of the few times that Coach Fogler admitted that he was wrong (not theoretically but in the implementation) in coaching.

That was just crazy playing 5 on 4 for almost half the game, then 5-3 to end it. AND having the game in doubt.
                  I remember yelling at the TV (unfortunately, I haven't out grown that phase of life) and thinking, "we're going to lose this freakin' game." I was 'puckering' and you could tell the team was doing the same.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not hard to envision Sasha in the mix. What's hard to believe is John Cooper involvement to the point he was reprimanded by the league. There have been a lot of good dudes go through our program over the years. Not many were better people than Coop.

Would have loved to see what Coach Marshall could have done with Coop and Guff.
                    AND Sasha! I had several problems with Folger, but how he did and did not use Sasha was at the top of my list.

Comment

Working...
                    X