The Back Story For The Doors "Riders on the Storm"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Back Story For The Doors "Riders on the Storm"

It was a take-off from a country-western song.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Thanks for posting; interesting and for me informative. I love the song but am not a big fan of Jim Morrison (biased by my fandom of Janis Joplin).

Comment

Comment

This is great!! I LOVED The Doors back in college. Still do!!
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

StormRiders would be a better name for the baseball team, and you could still use the psycho eyed horse logo.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
            StormRiders would be a better name for the baseball team, and you could still use the psycho eyed horse logo.
            Dang, that actually would be a cool name.
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

The country song was (Ghost) Riders in the Sky that was written in 1948 by Stan Jones. Members of the Western Writers Association chose it as the greatest western song of all time.

Who knows how many 100's of times it has been covered. The Prairie Rose Rangers did a Christmas version of it at their Prairie Rose Christmas Show this year with Santa Claus lyrics that was pretty funny and very entertaining.

Vaughan Monroe's version in 1949 made to #1 on the Billboard charts and was selected by Billboard as the #1 song of the year.

Here is that version:

Comment

Working...
              X