Houston Astros scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    In an interview I believe EW said that sign stealing was rampant in college ball. Will the recent ruling by mlb have any affect on ncaa scrutiny of this or can we just assume that the ncaa will be right on top of it like they always are.
    No doubt it is. If you sit near a dugout you can hear it being discussed.

But, it isn’t the fact that people try to steal signs that caused this problem for Houston. It was the technology they used to do it.

The reason the 3rd base coach does 14+ things to let his runner knows what to do is proof that trying to steal the signs has always been there.

Comment

Its interesting that the same standard wasn't applied to the owner as it was to the GM and manager. MLB's investigation found that the GM and manager weren't involved or didn't know but punished them basically because the buck stops with them. Maybe MLB doesn't have the ability to punish Crane like they do club employees but the buck ultimately stops with him.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
        Its interesting that the same standard wasn't applied to the owner as it was to the GM and manager. MLB's investigation found that the GM and manager weren't involved or didn't know but punished them basically because the buck stops with them. Maybe MLB doesn't have the ability to punish Crane like they do club employees but the buck ultimately stops with him.
        This article I posted talks some about why that is. Remember that the owners are actually Manfred's bosses.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ng-punishments

Comment

^^^ like most professional leagues, the Commish works for the owners. Manfred knows where his bread is buttered.

Cdizzy beat me to it
          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

I hadn't seen this before, but here is a video example of how they relayed pitches to their hitters during the at-bat.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              I hadn't seen this before, but here is a video example of how they relayed pitches to their hitters during the at-bat.

Hahaha, I like this guy!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
              X