Thanksgiving 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving 2011

I don't know how busy it will get around the Doc's house tonight and tomorrow, so I am taking a couple of minutes now to wish everyone and their friends and family a very happy and safe Thanksgiving.

For some reasons known and others not yet identified, holidays are a troublesome time for me. It's always been that way as far back as I can remember. This year is no different, for some of the same reasons and some new ones as well.

Two of our baseball players involved in a horrific crash, one of whom, at best, is looking at a long and likely painful recovery period. Season ending injuries to more than 1 student athlete and numerous other difficult circumstances throughout the athletic department we all love and support.

And then 2 of our Shockernet brothers dealing with family pain. One whose brother has suffered a life altering ailment where full recovery is very much in doubt and another whose wife faces a battle for her life against the scourge that is cancer....a battle she is unlikely to win.

These things tear at our soul....and sometimes make me question my faith...why must bad things happen to good people? I lost a sister in law 6 years my younger to cancer earlier this year, and recently the mother in law of dear friend to the same vile disease. But that's nothing compared to what these men are going up against in the coming months and what countless others here have suffered through. Our good friend Aargh has stared directly into the eyes of his maker and said not yet....not today.

Remember the many things we have to be thankful for and pray for the guidance and strength to overcome that which at times may seem unbearable because through the power of family, friends and faith we are constantly reminded of that which is truly important and humbled by the good in our fellow man.

In this holiday of Thanksgiving, may peace and prosperity find its way into the hearts and lives of everyone here and may God bless those struggling through the most difficult of times and grant them relief through His love.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Great post Doc. Many things to be thankful for, and there is always someone less fortunate that we can be thinking about, and hoping for their situation to change. The hardest part is not being able to help.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I don't know how busy it will get around the Doc's house tonight and tomorrow, so I am taking a couple of minutes now to wish everyone and their friends and family a very happy and safe Thanksgiving.

For some reasons known and others not yet identified, holidays are a troublesome time for me. It's always been that way as far back as I can remember. This year is no different, for some of the same reasons and some new ones as well.

Two of our baseball players involved in a horrific crash, one of whom, at best, is looking at a long and likely painful recovery period. Season ending injuries to more than 1 student athlete and numerous other difficult circumstances throughout the athletic department we all love and support.

And then 2 of our Shockernet brothers dealing with family pain. One whose brother has suffered a life altering ailment where full recovery is very much in doubt and another whose wife faces a battle for her life against the scourge that is cancer....a battle she is unlikely to win.

These things tear at our soul....and sometimes make me question my faith...why must bad things happen to good people? I lost a sister in law 6 years my younger to cancer earlier this year, and recently the mother in law of dear friend to the same vile disease. But that's nothing compared to what these men are going up against in the coming months and what countless others here have suffered through. Our good friend Aargh has stared directly into the eyes of his maker and said not yet....not today.

Remember the many things we have to be thankful for and pray for the guidance and strength to overcome that which at times may seem unbearable because through the power of family, friends and faith we are constantly reminded of that which is truly important and humbled by the good in our fellow man.

In this holiday of Thanksgiving, may peace and prosperity find its way into the hearts and lives of everyone here and may God bless those struggling through the most difficult of times and grant them relief through His love.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
      +1 and as usual, perfectly stated!
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A wish for everyone to have a safe and loving Thanksgiving goes out from our home to yours. May God bless you all.

Comment

No matter what the circumstances, be sure to count your blessings everyday.

Thank You Doc. I read this to the Moshock family and we were all incredibly moved.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone.

Mr & Mrs Moshock

Comment

Happy Turkey day to all.:pirate:
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

/high five

Comment

Working...
              X