X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Jay Golden

Thought we might start a new topic for the new President. Seems that he has been quoted as saying he will shepard along the vision of Dr Bardo. Some of the questions I have
    1. He seems to be proactive in assuring the student body of transparency in the administration of the University. My feeling about this is everyone doesn't need to know everything about what is going on all of the time.
    2. Wonder how the meetings with students faculty and staff have been going.
    3. What is his vison for WSU besides moving along with Dr Bardo's vision for WSU and Wichita
    4' How do Varsity sports play into his vision for the University
    5. Has he met with the AD, Coaches and players
    6. What are his feelings about expanding sports and which one or one's

My questions for the new Pres:

1. What are you going to do about Shocker fans that can't make the Shocker hand sign correctly? I'm not only talking about those that don't extend their thumbs, but it really drives me crazy when I see someone with their digits separated. The index finger and middle finger should be together, not separated.

2. Can we once and forever decide if the official Shocker colors are Yellow and Black or Gold and Black?

3. Do you play Candy Crush?

4. Do you prefer thin crust over thick crust?

5. Parasites, horrifying or fascinating?

Comment

A blurb in the WBJ on restructuring leadership group included

• An athletics task force will study possible new intercollegiate and club sports. Golden mentioned soccer, lacrosse, ice hockey and e-sports. Golden also wants "options for the reutilization" of Cessna Stadium, including being adaptable for a new football program at any level "if the financial model changes in future years."

https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/...NlMmMifQ%3D%3D

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        A blurb in the WBJ on restructuring leadership group included

• An athletics task force will study possible new intercollegiate and club sports. Golden mentioned soccer, lacrosse, ice hockey and e-sports. Golden also wants "options for the reutilization" of Cessna Stadium, including being adaptable for a new football program at any level "if the financial model changes in future years."

https://www.bizjournals.com/wichita/...NlMmMifQ%3D%3D
        There is real value in having a useful outdoor stadium on the campus. A facility that is adaptable for track & field, football, soccer, lacrosse would serve WSU very well, especially if bolstered with some modern conveniences for the fans.

Comment

There will be no football period while he is president. That is fine with me. Just fix the rusting pile of pigeon habitat up and add another stadium sport and I will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            There will be no football period while he is president. That is fine with me. Just fix the rusting pile of pigeon habitat up and add another stadium sport and I will be happy.
            As I have said before, take the steel down and refurbish the rest. It would open up sight lines from 21st as you drive by.

Comment

Working...
            X