New PhD at WSU approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PhD at WSU approved

Fantastic! Meanwhile KU lawyers have filed a protest with the Board of Regents in 3 .. 2 ..
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

That's always good news from an institutional standpoint. I'm still waiting for our Dental school to open. Zero reason we cannot have one... other than the obvious reason stemming from the --

K orrupt
      U niversity

T

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        That's always good news from an institutional standpoint. I'm still waiting for our Dental school to open. Zero reason we cannot have one... other than the obvious reason stemming from the --

K orrupt
        U niversity

T

Conservative law school first. Then we will be fighting these fights from an even playing ground.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

That is an impressive accomplishment considering how young our Bio Med program is.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

K orrupt
            U niversity

T

I always thought it would be great to have a Dental School here as well as a law school. Talked to a good friend of mine once and he said as far as prestige schools like this are good but the financial cost of them outweighs the prestige it brings. I have no idea if this is correct but it did give me pause about their establishment at WSU. Maybe someone else on here has knowledge or insight into this.
            Last edited by pogo; November 22, 2019, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Well we should have at least part of a med school.... butttttttt, some will know why that isn't the case.

The Assman

Comment

Just think were WSU could be without KU, KBOR, and their marry-band-of-misfits
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                  Just think were WSU could be without KU, KBOR, and their marry-band-of-misfits
                  They wouldn’t be called KU. They stole even their name.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

if I recall correctly the rush to join the state system was to help bring down the cost of education (wichita univ was very expensive compared to the state schools at the time) but also to tap state level help with financing and expansion to meet the needs of the baby boomers.. since that era has come and gone and there is less annual support coming from the state level I wonder if the university has or would explore moving back to a municipal college?

Comment

I'm sure taking it back to a municipal university would call for support from Wichita which would have to come from an increase in taxes and we all know how much an increase would be embraced by the local populace. One of the stipulations of allowing Wichita to become a part of the state system was we would support the University with a specific mill levy on property.

Comment

Working...
                      X