Huge Fentanyl Bust in Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Fentanyl Bust in Ohio

Authorities Intercepted ‘Enough Fentanyl To Kill The Entire Population Of Ohio’

https://saraacarter.com/authorities-...ation-of-ohio/

I wonder who, what and where the source of this haul was.

I guess these guys missed National Take Back Day this past Saturday.

Was it from China?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Was it from China?
      I'm guessing Mexico... probably El Chapo's son and his tyrants...
      Last edited by WstateU; November 1, 2019, 03:38 PM.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Authorities Intercepted ‘Enough Fentanyl To Kill The Entire Population Of Ohio’

https://saraacarter.com/authorities-...ation-of-ohio/

I wonder who, what and where the source of this haul was.

I guess these guys missed National Take Back Day this past Saturday.
        I couldn't even remember what fentanyl is, so I was reading up on it and discovered this:

"It only takes the equivalent of four grains of salt of the deadly drug to kill a person. A person can be poisoned by just a small exposure of the chemical on the skin."

Here is a picture of the stash they found:

That much fentanyl is as deadly as any weapon of mass destruction on the planet. How in the heck do you even handle the stuff?!

This is a very disturbing find.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I couldn't even remember what fentanyl is, so I was reading up on it and discovered this:

"It only takes the equivalent of four grains of salt of the deadly drug to kill a person. A person can be poisoned by just a small exposure of the chemical on the skin."

Here is a picture of the stash they found:

That much fentanyl is as deadly as any weapon of mass destruction on the planet. How in the heck do you even handle the stuff?!

This is a very disturbing find.
          It’s not that hard to handle. I’ve handled several grams of the stuff many times, and known folks that have handled kilos. It’s certainly potent, but can be handled with ease.

if anyone is curious, the McPherson pharmaceutical facility, formerly operated by Hospira, used to be the number one manufacturer of pharmaceutical fentanyl in the world, which wasn’t a whole lot. The EU decided to boycott sellers of Fentanyl due to its off-label use in lethal injection; therefore we no stopped manufacture. We are still the #1 manufacturer of injectable hydromorphone and morphine.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            It’s not that hard to handle. I’ve handled several grams of the stuff many times, and known folks that have handled kilos. It’s certainly potent, but can be handled with ease.
            Is the comment about four grains of salt true? You can die from it just contacting your skin?

Comment

Four granules on your skin would not hurt you one bit. The subcutaneous LD50 is 45 mg/KG, meaning that an average sized adult that ingests 4 grams has a 50/50 shot of dying.

A granule of salt weighs less than a mg...probably 10 granules of salt for 1 mg, so 30000 granules dissolved in water and injected into your belly fat probably kills you.

The TDLo is 0.0054 mg/kg. That means that effects of the drug have been seen at as low as 4 granules in an average sized adult when injected.

Fentanyl can also be hazardous when in contact with the skin, but this would be some much larger amount over a prolonged period. Inhaling it accidentally would be a bigger risk.

If that pic were my stash, I would double bag each quantity and transport it in a sealed container. Use gloves and a dust mask while handling it. That should keep you safe over the course of a career.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Doing the math from the article, 3g kills one person half the time, so 6 grams kills 1 person and makes a second very sick. You could kill about 3200 and make another 3200 wish they were dead with that amount. I’m betting more people than that live in Ohio. They could induce a therapeutic dose for about 53 million though. I think he’s conflating toxicity with lethality.
                Livin the dream

Comment

Comment

So Wufan...if one wanted to commit suicide. Just take a spoonful right? What would it do to you?

We are adults...just asking curiously people.

Comment

You’d experience falling asleep and then your lungs would fill with fluid and you wouldn’t wake up. There’s worse ways to go.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                      X