Simone Biles Lands Triple Twisting Double-Back Manueuver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simone Biles Lands Triple Twisting Double-Back Manueuver

Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles managed to do something no one has ever done before when she landed a triple-double twist move and the video is incredible.

Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles managed to do something no one has ever done before when she landed a triple-double twist move and the video is incredible.

It happened when the 22-year-old Olympic gymnast was doing her floor routine at the final night of the 2019 U.S. women’s Gymnastics Championships and landed what’s called a “triple-twisting, double back maneuver,” something no one woman has ever done before, per the Daily Mail in a piece published Monday.

The move not only helped her make history. But also helped make her the first woman in nearly 70 years to win a sixth US senior all-around gymnastics title. The last woman to do it was Clara Lomady in 1952, per Fox News.

Incredible. Apparently Simone doesn't understand the concept of gravity. :good:
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 12, 2019, 06:07 PM.

She's one heck of a talent. I believe she also landed a double somersault with 2.5 twists for the 1st ever to do it off the beam, but I won't swear to it. Remarkable athlete, especially to be able to stay on top of the world when the shelf life in that sport is old age at 17.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; August 13, 2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Holy crap.
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

10.0,10. 0, 10.0, 5.5 from the Russian judge. Yeah I know it’s the US championship but I couldn’t resist

Comment

Pleased to say I got to witness that in person. Amazing to see the best gymnasts in the world simply vying for second place. She won three of the four events and was just shy of 5 points clear of the silver medalist. For reference, that’s a larger spread than the point gap between 2nd and 9th place.
          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Gymnastics championships: Simone Biles penalized for being too good

Comment

T

...:cool:

Comment

Maybe she should only perform A level skills? That would speak volumes and humiliate the decision makers by bringing public attention to what is happening.
                Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

They Worlds were live this morning from Germany. Actually, I think that's what happened in a couple of her exercises. The USA won the team competition by more than 6 points. Italy medaled for the 1st time since 1950. Their last exercise was a girl on the beam....she fell off mounting it, then struggled all the way through. It was painful. Cost them the silver to the Russians and almost cost them the bronze. Happy she held on (kind of) to the landing. Would have hated to see China medal.

There is an incredible difference between Simone and everyone else. Her difficulty is off the charts.

Comment

Working...
                  X