X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simone Biles Lands Triple Twisting Double-Back Manueuver

Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles managed to do something no one has ever done before when she landed a triple-double twist move and the video is incredible.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/12/s...-double-twist/

It happened when the 22-year-old Olympic gymnast was doing her floor routine at the final night of the 2019 U.S. women’s Gymnastics Championships and landed what’s called a “triple-twisting, double back maneuver,” something no one woman has ever done before, per the Daily Mail in a piece published Monday.

The move not only helped her make history. But also helped make her the first woman in nearly 70 years to win a sixth US senior all-around gymnastics title. The last woman to do it was Clara Lomady in 1952, per Fox News.

Incredible. Apparently Simone doesn't understand the concept of gravity.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; 1 week ago.

She's one heck of a talent. I believe she also landed a double somersault with 2.5 twists for the 1st ever to do it off the beam, but I won't swear to it. Remarkable athlete, especially to be able to stay on top of the world when the shelf life in that sport is old age at 17.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; 1 week ago.

Comment

Holy crap.
      Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

Comment

10.0,10. 0, 10.0, 5.5 from the Russian judge. Yeah I know it’s the US championship but I couldn’t resist

Comment

Pleased to say I got to witness that in person. Amazing to see the best gymnasts in the world simply vying for second place. She won three of the four events and was just shy of 5 points clear of the silver medalist. For reference, that’s a larger spread than the point gap between 2nd and 9th place.
          “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'
          Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
          X