Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Wind Ensemble Tops in the Nation

I'm calling it... we're #1!

The American Prize National Nonprofit Competitions in the Performing Arts , David (Volosin) Katz, chief judge, is honored to announce...
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

At first, I thought this thread was about the two old ladies that sit in front of me during the season....

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      At first, I thought this thread was about the two old ladies that sit in front of me during the season....
      Anyone knows that TWO cannot be considered an ensemble.

en·sem·ble
      /änˈsämbəl/
      Learn to pronounce
      noun
      1. 1.
        a group of musicians, actors, or dancers who perform together

Comment

Personal point of privilege. Two can be considered an ensemble. If we could quit labling groups as ensembles, solos, trios. We don't want to box anyone in groups. Musicians should move freely within the music community without having to conform in fascist organized subsets. That is all.
        a group producing a single effect: such as; concerted music of two or more parts; a complete costume of harmonizing or complementary clothing and accessories… See the full definition
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Got a problem with subsets?

Yes. Subsets, labels, subjective catagorizing... it's all so triggering. Another personal point of privilege, if when we attend sporting events, we could keep the clapping to a minimum. Or better yet, use jazz hands. For some. Noise can be triggering.

And also, what about that person from Wichita State that bowled a 300 last week on national cable TV? You would think that person would get a thumbs up from Shockernetters. Great job to that bowler! In order to not upset anyone, I refrained from using gender pronouns to congratulate the bowler. But yes, that person bowled a 300 in CBSSN, one of bowler's parents was on hand, front row, sporting a shocker jacket. representing Wichita State proudly!
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
        X