Johnny Depp Thinks Wichitians are Stupid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny Depp Thinks Wichitians are Stupid

Interesting. Fortunately (or unfortunately as it were) Johnny probably isn't as interested in what I think of his IQ either.

Some people just need to assume room temperature a little more rapidly than others.

"Wichitians" -- c'mon you did that on purpose?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I guess he forgot about making the entire Pirates franchise and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... You know, those movies are such deep thinkers.
      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        "Wichitians" -- c'mon you did that on purpose?

I thought about spelling Johnny with 1 n, but that seemed too obvious.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about what Johnny Depp says about Wichita. In reading the article, he wasn't so much slamming Wichitan's, as he was slamming Americans in general. As for me, I hadn't even heard of the film. So I, along with most other Omahan's, am just as stupid as people from Wichita in Johnny Depp's eyes.

On the flip side, Johnny Depp knows that Wichita is in Kansas, so you have that going for you, which is nice.
          Attached Files
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            I guess he forgot about making the entire Pirates franchise and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... You know, those movies are such deep thinkers.
            Loved a couple of the "Pirates" films!

But after this rant of his, I'm left to wonder what's eating Gilbert Grape?
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Haha yes, I enjoyed the Pirate movies as well. But it seems highly hypocritical for him to act like he's the actor who only does intelligent films, and he doesn't bend for the big explosion, massive budget summer blockbusters. I'm sure the Pirate franchise has given him the most money of his career, so it seems disingenuous to poopoo on the so called unintelligent people who paid for him to fly around the world and go to Europe which he finds so much more fulfilling to him. Quite the juxtapose.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                Haha yes, I enjoyed the Pirate movies as well. But it seems highly hypocritical for him to act like he's the actor who only does intelligent films, and he doesn't bend for the big explosion, massive budget summer blockbusters. I'm sure the Pirate franchise has given him the most money of his career, so it seems disingenuous to poopoo on the so called unintelligent people who paid for him to fly around the world and go to Europe which he finds so much more fulfilling to him. Quite the juxtapose.
                Yeah, but so what? Is he any different than the rest of the Hollywood elite? Does he think any differently? Keep in mind, they don't put air fresheners in any Hollywood bathrooms, it doesn't stink in there.

I appreciate what actors do in movies, I couldn't act, Johnny Depp is a great actor. But at the same time, I don't get star struck when I run into them, I don't idolize them and I don't get hurt when they say something as ignorant as did Johnny Depp. He simply regurgitated the true belief of most in Hollywood that Americans are stupid. This stuff isn't new. It didn't surprise me and it didn't insult me, it was just another actor trying to be elite and demonstrate his cerebral status, but he was really demonstrating his actual shallowness and ignorance. Par for the course.

I will still pay to see Johnny Depp films, I won't, however, call him if I need help with an actual emergency. Instead, I'll call Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe.

Comment

Yeah, but so what? Is he any different than the rest of the Hollywood elite? Does he think any differently? Keep in mind, they don't put air fresheners in any Hollywood bathrooms, it doesn't stink in there.

I appreciate what actors do in movies, I couldn't act, Johnny Depp is a great actor. But at the same time, I don't get star struck when I run into them, I don't idolize them and I don't get hurt when they say something as ignorant as did Johnny Depp. He simply regurgitated the true belief of most in Hollywood that Americans are stupid. This stuff isn't new. It didn't surprise me and it didn't insult me, it was just another actor trying to be elite and demonstrate his cerebral status, but he was really demonstrating his actual shallowness and ignorance. Par for the course.

I will still pay to see Johnny Depp films, I won't, however, call him if I need help with an actual emergency. Instead, I'll call Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe.
                  I'll still pay to see his films that I am interested in seeing, I was more so pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation. The irony of the situation makes me just laugh, because like you said he's trying to demonstrate his cerebral status, but it comes off totally the opposite.

Comment

I've always wondered how he took a deuce as Edward.

Comment

On the flip side, Johnny Depp knows that Wichita is in Kansas, so you have that going for you, which is nice.

Goonga la goongala.

Comment

Like butter, MVJ is on a ROLL today!!!!!! @MoValley John:, if you can name the hottie nurse off the top of your head, I will pay homage to you every time I watch Road House.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I've always wondered how he took a deuce as Edward.
                          Bad, bad visual!!!
                          Since I don't have a good grasp on all of the "New" Shockernet features, I'll just leave it with an Indiana State lol!

Comment

Like butter, MVJ is on a ROLL today!!!!!! @MoValley John:, if you can name the hottie nurse off the top of your head, I will pay homage to you every time I watch Road House.
                            Dixie McCall! She was played by Julie London. She had big, big lungs!

On a sidenote, Julie London was Jack Webb's first wife. How that didn't work out, I'll never know!!! She later married Bobby Troupe, who played Dr. Early. But in the show, she was dating Dr. Brackett, I can't remember the name of the actor that played Dr. Brackett, but he always had horrible ties. Horrible ties even by early 70's standards.

Comment

I thought about spelling Johnny with 1 n, but that seemed too obvious.
                              Hahaha
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X