WSU tuition and housing rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU tuition and housing rates

WSU announced a month or so ago that they would not be raising tuition this fall. However, I just got my son's statement. A semester at The Flats for his room configuration went from $2500 to $3450. A 38% increase is way too big to be a generic cost adjustment. They obviously needed more revenue and were going to get it one way or another.

I don't get the housing fees......it's a far better financial decision to buy a decent house, not a starter house, if you can find 1 roommate.

Comment

I believe, for freshmen (or maybe it should be stated ‘first-year students regardless of gender identity), if your home is further than 25 miles from campus, that student is required to live on campus.

Comment

An article in the Sunflower from Nov. 2017 said WSU already had the highest on-campus housing costs of the public Kansas universities. I get that the facilities are quite new, but the added costs no longer make a WSU education look like a good value to prospective students.

I suspect with the opening of The Suites, WSU is concerned they may struggle to fill the new available space, so they had to raise rates significantly to ensure a revenue gain.

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          "I suspect with the opening of The Suites, WSU is concerned they may struggle to fill the new available space, so they had to raise rates significantly to ensure a revenue gain."

That's a very tricky slope.

• abdullah_sharif
          abdullah_sharif commented
          Editing a comment
          defeats simple economics if you ask me.
      Working...
      X