No announcement yet.

Penn State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did Sandusky retire to suddenly in 1999?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      Why did Sandusky retire to suddenly in 1999?
      From everything that i have read this is about when he was getting "caught"

Comment

McQueary could have stepped in and stopped the crime in progress but all he did was report it? He should be gone also! All that anybody did was their bare responsibility. No one stepped up to doing what was right. I'm thinking the entire football coaching staff at Penn State should be gone.
        Last edited by Zardoz; November 12, 2011, 03:21 AM.

Comment

A student of the classics, Joe Paterno surely recognizes the tragedy playing out at Penn State. His fall from grace has raised questions about the iconic coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Zardoz View Post
            All that anybody did was their bare responsibility.
            From my perspective, none of them even did that.

As far as the GA's job goes, he has been put on indefinite paid administrative leave (probably pending the investigation at which point he will most certainly be terminated). [According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_McQueary ]

I have a feeling I know where @WuDrWu: was headed, and I know why he is reserved. What's sad is we have arrived at this point where he can't just blurt it out without causing potential fallout. It _should_ be discussed ad nauseum though lest it keep happening -- if I am on the right track at all.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

There's already fallout from the scandal.

Joey O'Connor decommits from Penn St.
              Penn State suffered its first decommitment since the firing of coach Joe Paterno when ESPNU 150 offensive tackle Joey O'Connor of Windsor, Colo., backed away from his pledge Thursday evening.

O'Connor, a four-star recruit that was the top prospect in the Nittany Lions' class, called the Penn State staff to let it know it was no longer in his "best interest considering the scandal and uncertainty surrounding the program."

"It was a definitely a decision I had to make," O'Connor said. "I just didn't know what would happen. The best interest for me now is to explore my options. The whole situation is tragic. My heart goes to the victims and families. They'll be in my thoughts and prayers."

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                I have a feeling I know where @WuDrWu was headed, and I know why he is reserved. What's sad is we have arrived at this point where he can't just blurt it out without causing potential fallout. It _should_ be discussed ad nauseum though lest it keep happening -- if I am on the right track at all.
                If you are talking about the name of Wichita State's baseball stadium then I agree. It should at least be seriously reviewed. Sometimes it is about more than just money. Some have suggested it be renamed Stephenson stadium. I would probably actually prefer Stephenson/Kemnitz Stadium although the daliance with Oklahoma tempers my enthusiasm for that a bit. However, not sure that this is on anyone's radar screen.

OTOH there is probably some legal agreement that covers this and the University may have it's hands tied or have very limited flexibility in dealing with this.

Rick Reilly on silence (click on Silence At Penn State on Video Playlist)
                The Penn State football coach who told a grand jury that he saw another coach molest a child failed to meet "a moral obligation" to intervene, Pennsylvania's governor said Sunday, adding that he expects more victims to come forward.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 14, 2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Good overview of Penn State scancal provided by Bob Ley on OTL:

The Penn State football coach who told a grand jury that he saw another coach molest a child failed to meet "a moral obligation" to intervene, Pennsylvania's governor said Sunday, adding that he expects more victims to come forward.

Comment

Disturbing Sandusky interview surfaces. See video at link.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      If you are talking about the name of Wichita State's baseball stadium then I agree. It should at least be seriously reviewed. Sometimes it is about more than just money. Some have suggested it be renamed Stephenson stadium. I would probably actually prefer Stephenson/Kemnitz Stadium although the daliance with Oklahoma tempers my enthusiasm for that a bit. However, not sure that this is on anyone's radar screen.

OTOH there is probably some legal agreement that covers this and the University may have it's hands tied or have very limited flexibility in dealing with this.
                      I am sure that there is some legal agreement that binds the University and the naming rights but there is generally some type of morals clause that I would think that could be invoked to get that scumbags name off of our proud stadium.
                      I too am still frustrated about the staff and the comments that were made when they left for the greener pastures of the OU job so just whom do you name it after?
                      Last edited by JJClamdip; November 14, 2011, 03:34 PM. Reason: added verbage
                      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Ah, I hadn't thought of that, but you are probably right ... that's more likely where he was headed. :)

Comment

Hasn't the university already come out and said the stadium is named for the family and not the individual?

I would also like to see the name changed, and it should have been done long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            Hasn't the university already come out and said the stadium is named for the family and not the individual?
                            It was Rusty Eck out in front at all of the events, he was the face of the family, family name or not the Eck name should come off of the stadium.
                            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                              It was Rusty Eck out in front at all of the events, he was the face of the family, family name or not the Eck name should come off of the stadium.
                              don't you think that eventually it will be renamed the "Gene Stephenson Stadium" eventually?

Comment

I was sorta hopin' for Kung Wu Palace, or Kung Wu Stadium if you must.

Comment

Working...
                                X