Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Foodie Thread

In honor of EB22 I thought this may be a good place to put info on local dining fare. Good, bad, new, old, ambiance, convenience etc.

First question:

Best Chicken Fried Steak in the area?

Cy's Hoof and Horn Supper Club, Sedgwick

The Barn, Burrton

Dine in Burrton, Kansas where you can enjoy classic Kansan cuisine at the state's new favorite restaurant, theBarn! Enjoy our famous Chicken Fried Steak today!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• shoxlax
      shoxlax commented
      Editing a comment
      No Twin Peaks review?

• abdullah_sharif
      abdullah_sharif commented
      Editing a comment
      imho, cy's has hands down the best chicken fried steak in this area. the barn's is good, but not to the level that cy's does it. ask for brenda or sherri in the bar - they will take good care of you.

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

The Barn, Burrton

Dine in Burrton, Kansas where you can enjoy classic Kansan cuisine at the state's new favorite restaurant, theBarn! Enjoy our famous Chicken Fried Steak today!

The Barn is fantastic. Stop there on way to see the Shockers play. Have sold 80,000 Chicken Fried Steaks since opening in October 2015. The Slop Bucket of Nachos is my favorite.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

What is the name of that place out east near Koch? Don't they have good chicken fried steak?
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Stroud's... and yes, they also have good chicken fried steak.

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, that one! Great place but I am so far west I almost have a California zip code, so I don't get there very often.

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

The Barn, Burrton

Cy's is as big as a man hole cover...and it sure is good!

Comment

I’ve had both The Barn and Cys. Pretty even quality wise just a little different breading.

Haven’t had Strouds. Even thought it is a chain, Texas Roadhouse has a decent CFS as well.

Comment

It may not be quite on par with The Barn, but Shindigs in Winfield has a delicious CFS.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• shoxlax
            shoxlax commented
            Editing a comment
            I will try that out.

Dempsey's Biscuit Co.

Order the Belmont...

OMFG.

T

...:cool:

Comment

You know who has an underrated hamburger is Two Brothers BBQ.

Next question: Best Chinese food in town? No Panda Express please.

My vote goes to a little hole in the wall called AhSo at the corner of Lincoln and Oliver. Been there for years, get the Kung Pao Chicken

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              It's been a long time since we've been AhSo (different era for us), but another place in that area we use to frequent more often was Manna Wok just east of Oliver on the south side of Harry. If you have never been there, do so. My wife and I will have to make a trip to both of these, for old time sake.

My old favorite used to be Hong Kong on south Seneca. Too bad they closed a few months ago.

Comment

Has anyone tried Magic Wok on W Central? They’ve been there along time but I haven’t eaten there

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Has anyone tried Magic Wok on W Central? They’ve been there along time but I haven’t eaten there
                Last time I had it a couple of years ago it was good. I like the old school vibe, serving on metal platters, bar, etc. Not a turn and burn new age Chinese place.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Gosh I feel like I haven’t been on shockernet in ages. For some good Chinese, I highly recommend Mings on south Seneca. Magic Wok on west central is also fantastic. And Ah-So is up there.

Ok ok now I’m hungry.
                    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                    www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

• shoxlax
                      shoxlax commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We missed you. That’s why I started this thread- to draw you out in the open. So what’s good?

• Kung Wu
                      Kung Wu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The "mandu" is addictive. Watch out!

EB 22 Hey do you have a link to your blog? Also, is there any hidden gems in the towns around Wichita, small mom and pop joints, that you can think of? We’ve mentioned Cys and The Barn which are more full service food/bar night time places. I will definitely try the place in Winfield.

Is the Beaumont Hotel Restaurant still decent?

Comment

Working...
                    X