The Athletic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Athletic

Opinions from those who subscribe. From the little I have read it appears very high quality journalism. I'm just wondering how much coverage is given to WSU and Chiefs. Is it worth $30 annual subscription? Looking for pros and cons.

Not much to WSU. Can't say about the chiefs.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

A decent amount of Royals and Chiefs stuff.

Comment

Has KenPom stories and coverage of Royals/Chiefs. Not much shocker (but did have the Gregg Marshall story). Hopefully next year WSU will be more relevant and draw more stories.

Comment

CJ seems to have a good relationship with Marshall and Wichita State and I would expect as things improve you will see a little more coverage of the Shockers.
          The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

I broke down and got the subscription last year after a buddy berated me for not being able to read the outstanding Chiefs coverage. While there hasn't been much on Wichita State, other than the aforementioned Gregg Marshall piece, the Chiefs coverage is really well done. I have been a long-time lurker on Arrowhead Pride and was a fan of Seth Keysor's work there. I don't think the guy sleeps as he practices law, has a young family, and does unbelievable film study on the Chiefs and his articles alone have been worth the $30 subscription for me. It's quality work across the board from my perspective.

Comment

I have a subscription to The Athletic. Very good quality on Chiefs, Royals, and the major sports in general. Like has been said, not a lot on WSU, but when it comes up it is very good quality. Well worth the price.
              Go Shocks!

Comment

Assuming there's good coverage of the other professional team 40 miles west of KC? Asking for a friend... 1972Shocker

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Was it not The Athletic that was also behind the piece on Teddy Allen that called out the NCAA and showed why a waiver would have been in his best interest?
                  The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• Bluzrover
                    Bluzrover commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes it was. CJ Moore wrote that piece, as well as the most recent piece about 3G and why he chooses to stay in Wichita.

I broke down and got the subscription last year after a buddy berated me for not being able to read the outstanding Chiefs coverage. While there hasn't been much on Wichita State, other than the aforementioned Gregg Marshall piece, the Chiefs coverage is really well done. I have been a long-time lurker on Arrowhead Pride and was a fan of Seth Keysor's work there. I don't think the guy sleeps as he practices law, has a young family, and does unbelievable film study on the Chiefs and his articles alone have been worth the $30 subscription for me. It's quality work across the board from my perspective.

Comment

• NCAABound
                    NCAABound commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You can say that again

• Bluzrover
                    Bluzrover commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Stupid smart phone...or, operator error? LMAO
                Working...
                X