Need help setting up a sports forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help setting up a sports forum

I'm looking for someone to help me setup a forum similar to this for another project. E-Mail me at DPruett2333@gmail.com, if you are interested.

Thanks.

It's pretty simple but can be time consuming based on the number of additions you'd like. phpBB is a free program and most webhosts offer it on their servers for you but you still have to do the work on it to get it ready

If you really want a very customized forum, that's where the costs and time add up.
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Thanks for the input. I've already bought the domain and hosting services, just need someone to come up with the site.

Something similar to http://mvcfans.com/ is what I'm looking for...

I'm willing to pay a little bit of money... lol

Comment

Well if you're looking to spend money to get a solid product. IP.Board is one of the best out there.

VBulletin is also a good board with a price.

ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Thanks, man. I thinking of using phpbb forum software. I thought maybe a poster on these forums would have the skills to help set me up one.

Maybe I was wrong... lol

Comment

Well http://proboards.com/ will do it for you. However, you said you have your own server, so I don't know how much that does you.

Setting up a message board isn't a big thing, but there are a few steps if you're installing on a server. Need to set up the sql server, with login and pw. Upload the files to your server, follow the instructions that come with the phpbb files. It's pretty simple.

Google it if you can't wing it. I'm sure there are walk throughs out there. It's not really something that's easily described over a message board.

Comment

From what I could tell when I looked into upgrading SN from phpBB2 to phpBB3, version 3 is much easier to set up, get running and manage than version 2 was. phpBB also has a large user community that I'm sure would have all the answers you need.

Comment

If your domain host uses Fantastico, setting up phpbb is incredibly easy. Tweaking it with themes and add-ons is another matter.
                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Use phpbb
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Thanks for all of the input guys. It took me a while, but I finally got my stuff up and running...

You can check it out at www.wichitawingstalk.com

:goshocks:

Comment

Looks snazzy!

Comment

What are the Wichita Wings? Wasn't that a hockey team?

I'm kidding. Looks good. Almost as excited for that as Shocker basketball.

Comment

Looks good! I'm excited to have indoor soccer back as well. Kill the Comets!
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

is Chico Borja playing?
                            ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                            www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22
                              is Chico Borja playing?
                              My all time favorite Wing!
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X