Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Athletes Really Getting Faster, Better, Stronger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Athletes Really Getting Faster, Better, Stronger?

Just stumble across this video. Though it was pretty interesting.

Thanks for sharing an interesting and informative video!

I was watching U-Tube videos of Wilt Chamberlain this morning; would love to hear this guy speak to why Chamberlain was such a physical talent.

Comment

Fascinating. Makes you wonder what the great athletes of the past could do with today's technologies.
      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Love Epstein's book The Sports Gene. It's a little deeper dive into this same subject, and an athlete from Wichita even gets a shout out (shouldn't be too hard to figure who it is). I am not a reader by any stretch of the imagination, and I couldn't put it down. Highly recommend.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          Love Epstein's book The Sports Gene. It's a little deeper dive into this same subject, and an athlete from Wichita even gets a shout out (shouldn't be too hard to figure who it is). I am not a reader by any stretch of the imagination, and I couldn't put it down. Highly recommend.
          My guess is that would be Jim Ryun. I think the track at Veterans Stadium was a cinder track when Jim ran a 3:58.3 mile to become the 1st high school runner to break 4 minutes in a high school only race. That may still be the record for a high school only mile run. Of course, it has been some time since they have run the mile in high school. I think they run a 1,600m race these days.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 26, 2018, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Kel Varnsen
            Kel Varnsen commented
            Editing a comment
            Bingo!

Here is an interesting article on how Steph Curry trains his brain to in way to enhance his visual perception and ability to "see the game" in a way that provides him with a distinct advantage:

Comment

That guy is way too excited as is his audience to be discussing this topic. Are they all on something?

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
            X