Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meanwhile, in the Land of Precious Snowflakes ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not satire. He’s sparred with people on Facebook about this.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

While I am younger than him, 30 degrees is way to excessive. Now if he said something like 10 degrees and below, it would make some more sense. He is from Texas though, so take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Honestly though, who wants to go anywhere in 20 or below weather when you don't have to provide for a family.

Comment

• RoyalShock
        RoyalShock commented
        Editing a comment
        The time he talks about classes being cancelled due to "extreme cold", I believe it was below 10 degrees.

I think the real lesson here is, don't give a sports photo editor an opinion column. We have message boards for that.

• FadedCrown
        FadedCrown commented
        Editing a comment
        RoyalShock I was referring to what he said in the article, but I get your point.

• RoyalShock
        RoyalShock commented
        Editing a comment
        No problem. I was just pointing out that his attempt to compare Monday with that day last year is apples and oranges.

Snowflake #2 Alert:

I arrived on campus Monday morning with a sense of optimism, but this was quickly replaced with dread as I remembered just how bad parking is on campus every semester. Despite arriving on campus at around 8:30, I was unable to find a single open spot in any student lot bordering Perimeter Road. In fact,...

Comment

• Rocky Mountain Shock
        Rocky Mountain Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        Hell, that's not a snowflake thing. Parking and walking is a complaint spewed by anyone who's against anything being built downtown, anyone over the age of 35, or just about anyone with a Wichita area zip code,

You have a point but it’s one thing to complain and another for some 20 yr old kid to think it is a god given right to park next to every class he has.

Comment

• WstateU
        WstateU commented
        Editing a comment
        Kids don't know how easy they have it today. When Ross and I were at Fairmount U, we had to walk miles to school! In the snow! Uphill! Both ways! And when spring turned to summer, we walked miles to the farm and shocked wheat. Those were the days my friends. What in the world is wrong with these young whippersnappers?

https://media.giphy.com/media/lAnwXKMYzZbcA/giphy.gif

in addition he is blaming being 15 min late on a condition that he admits he had previous knowledge of. Sounds like a lack of personal responsibility to me.

Comment

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely would NOT last on the baseball field. Not even a day.

The lots across 17th are not 15 minutes from anywhere on campus unless you are walking to the Entrepreneurship building (forget the name) with a peg leg and a limp.

I know... those lots were my jam as a student.

Comment

Some of my best memories of college are walking to class in the autumn.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Some of my best memories of college are walking to class in the autumn.
          Some of my best were walking past my class in Autumn straight to the pub at the CAC

Comment

I drive past the University a couple of times a week and see lots s of empty spots by CKA each time. I knew someone that would cruise the lots looking for an empty spot for dozens of minutes instead of parking away and walking.

Comment

This has nothing to do with this thread but it made me chuckle.

Comment

• shoxlax
                shoxlax commented
                Editing a comment
                Unreal. Love to hear him defend that comment today on his show....which was exactly the goal of his when he made it.
            Working...
            X