Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meanwhile, in the Land of Precious Snowflakes ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanwhile, in the Land of Precious Snowflakes ...

https://thesunflower.com/31906/opini...iversity-snow/

" ... WSU had all night to prepare for the snow, but when I drove to campus this morning (before I turned around and drove right back home), the streets were still covered in ice and snow with a little sand over top of it. That’s not “safe” for your students to drive in, nor is it remotely acceptable to have class when it’s expected to stay below 30 degrees all day. ..."
    Last edited by Wuzee; November 12, 2018, 11:57 AM.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

OMG! How embarrassing.

Was this a serious piece or was he trying to be funny?
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 12, 2018, 02:14 PM.

Comment

So...does he think that colleges in North Dakota cancel class from November to March?
      78-65

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        He doesn't think; he only F E E L S.

Not unlike a baby.

T

...:cool:

A microcosm of the challenges this country faces with the current generations. Now imagine if college was free... Attendance would drop by 75%.

Meanwhile...

In China workers live in shitboxes, pedal 20 miles a day while breathing air so thick you have to chew it - and not complaining one bit.

T

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

[personal information removed by Kung Wu]

T

Last edited by Kung Wu; November 12, 2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            The author is a senior at WSU, and while I agree he is being a little wussy in this case, I don't think it's appropriate to post pics and the names of WSU students in an effort to shame them. Not that it's private information, but this isn't toxic Fakebook or Twit-ter where anything goes either.

• C0|dB|00ded
            C0|dB|00ded commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries. His name and photo was at the bottom of the article.

T

I kind of hate to tell this young man this but life after college will actually be much more demanding than college.

However, I am sure he has learned great coping skills along the way:

Comment

Wow the irony of this infant writing that on Veterans Day.

Comment

He was likely high-fived all across campus for his social justice piece (of garbage).

We have a very large movement in this country that not only accepts quitting in the face of adversity, it encourages it. Within this culture a formidable bloc of voters is being grown.

There seems to be a lot of talk these days about what is fair, and what is not. President Obama seems to believe life should be fair – that “everybody should have a fair shake.” Some of the 99% seem to believe life has treated them unfairly, and some of [...]

T

Comment

Dude needs to make sure this article doesn’t come up in Google search results for his name in about six months or so. Could have a rough go of it with the new grad job search.

Comment

He's from Texas, recently went on a mission, and plans on working for his home church when he graduates. He's probably conservative. He most likely is also a user here, given his "position" at the Sunflower. I think he's just a young man that had a whiney moment, but unfortunately publicly voiced it. I'm sure he's a little embarrassed by it, if he is indeed on here reading this thread. He's just having a stream of conscious Trump Twitter moment.

College kids finding stuff to *****/whine/complain about is not unique to this generation.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well if he's conservative we are doing our part to reign him in and teach the young whipper snapper a life lesson. If he's Libby, we hopefully triggered him. Win/Win!

T

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. So today he gained some experience.

• Kung Wu
                    Kung Wu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    lmao

More than anything I'm shocked that the Sunflower hires conservatives.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

He went home when he saw 2" (or less, maybe?) of snow. He really shouldn't be taken seriously.

There's an obvious snowflake joke in here somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      He went home when he saw 2" (or less, maybe?) of snow. He really shouldn't be taken seriously.

There's an obvious snowflake joke in here somewhere.
                      here's+four+and+a+half+inches+of+snow+or+as+men+say+7+inches+dr+heckle+funny+wtf+memes.jpg
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                        https://thesunflower.com/31906/opini...iversity-snow/

" ... WSU had all night to prepare for the snow, but when I drove to campus this morning (before I turned around and drove right back home), the streets were still covered in ice and snow with a little sand over top of it. That’s not “safe” for your students to drive in, nor is it remotely acceptable to have class when it’s expected to stay below 30 degrees all day. ..."
                        I read this as satire. Are we sure that was not the intent and we have all been effectively trolled by this kid?
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                          C0|dB|00ded commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That would be awesome although it would likely go over the head of 98% of the student body. They would cheer the article. Maybe even organize a protest.

If it was satire he definitely owned a bunch of rapidly aging Shockernet conservatives.

T

Working...
                      X