Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Sound Machine

Getting their practice on.

Is you kid part of the band? Mine is. He is the far right trumpet in the first picture.

Of course, I get no more inside info other than "Yeah" or "good".

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
      Is you kid part of the band? Mine is. He is the far right trumpet in the first picture.

Of course, I get no more inside info other than "Yeah" or "good".
      Yep. Trumpet, maroon shirt, khaki shorts. (Bottom picture, or green shirt, gray shorts with the beard in the top pic)

I get a little more than "good", but not a lot. Unless I dig. Though he is definitely excited about this. Coming from Buhler and having been a section leader, he was pretty pumped when the news first broke.

Is your son in the jazz band?
      Last edited by RoyalShock; September 11, 2018, 08:03 PM.

Comment

It seems like he is in both the marching and pep bands. He isn't in anything else.

I do know when he tried out he was asked what band/high school he was from. He told him what school he was from and the band director said. "That is the one with the tarps".

yep, we were the band that covered the entire field with tarps and I was dumb enough to be one of the dads that did it.

To celebrate an incredible year in the marching arts, we have decided to highlight the top 25 stories from 2017.

Comment

• RoyalShock
          RoyalShock commented
          Editing a comment
          That was . . . ambitious!

Would have been really awkward if you two would have pointed out the same kid as being your son!
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Sweet, gents. Your sons chose the most important instrument in a marching band. The rest of the band is just the accompaniment.

Same holds true for jazz band. Lead trumpet gets the girl, fourth gets all her friends.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Kung Wu
            Kung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait, ALL of them? Hmmmm.

• RoyalShock
            RoyalShock commented
            Editing a comment
            What about 2nd trumpet? That is the solo seat, afterall.

But let's be honest. Lead alto is the sexiest part.
        Working...
        X