Anyone going to the air show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to the air show

Wife and I are planning for tomorrow (not much flying today I’d assume with the ceilings), but a buddy and his family ATTEMPTED to go today. They turned around and headed home after a couple of hours just waiting in traffic trying to get parked. As in before even getting on a shuttle bus and entering McConnell.

What are others seeing?

Planning on it. Was told that you park at Spirit and take a bus over but my father-in-law looked into those details, so I am not sure about it.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Planning on it. Was told that you park at Spirit and take a bus over but my father-in-law looked into those details, so I am not sure about it.
      Yep, that is the deal. They closed the grass parking right next to the base due to the rain deluge we’ve had. That was a lot faster/easier in my past experience.

Comment

Thunderbirds cancelled due to the low ceiling. They had maybe half of the fliers able to get up and perform. Tora Tora Tora was great and so was Scott Francis. One of the redline pilots told me it was the best attended air show he had ever been. The Tora warbird pilots said the crowd was great. Tomorrow’s crowd should be insane with the good weather. I was a volunteer so I can’t comment on the transportation from Spirit, but I heard they had about 80 buses running people through.

Comment

Walking parking will reopen tomorrow at Textron. The shuttles will still run from Spirit as well.

Comment

Well that was a blast!! A complete cluster at the end trying to filter 10,000+ tired people with only 10 busses (or whatever the ratio was), but it was a blast none-the-less!
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
            X