MacDonald Golf Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacDonald Golf Course

One of the Stevens has proposed to buy MacDonald's Golf Park.

How is this course not being swallowed up by Wichita State, like, immediately? It makes too much sense. Our university would have a new home course within very close proximity to the school and it has the assets and knowledge on how to run a course. It would make a tremendous NCAA course.

The City ought to just give it to Wichita State to better the City.

Edit: Removed puke commentary as it was unnecessary. But ... come on Bardo, let's get this done!
    Last edited by Kung Wu; August 29, 2018, 02:11 PM.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

P.S. For some reason I can't "comment"?
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• jdshock
      jdshock commented
      Editing a comment
      It seems like you can never comment on the first post of a thread for some reason. At least, that's been my observation.

• Kung Wu
      Kung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting, I will check that out jdshock

A Stevens has offered a bid to buy it, not a Steven. The second “s” makes all the difference. The latter is the almost-organized-crime family of 3000 second cousins that needs to have a log chipper diving party at their next get-together; the former is a different family completely that is pretty active in local real estate development. Both are Lebanese roots though. Joanna Gaines is a Stevens, actually. Johnny Stevens (guy who submitted proposal) is a WSU alum and celebrated former athlete at WSU, IIRC.

Not sure how I feel about selling the crown jewel of Wichita’s public golf courses though.

Comment

Johnny Stevens and his family, great people and great WSU alums (not all went to WSU but many did).

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        A Stevens has offered a bid to buy it, not a Steven. The second “s” makes all the difference. The latter is the almost-organized-crime family of 3000 second cousins that needs to have a log chipper diving party at their next get-together; the former is a different family completely that is pretty active in local real estate development. Both are Lebanese roots though. Joanna Gaines is a Stevens, actually. Johnny Stevens (guy who submitted proposal) is a WSU alum and celebrated former athlete at WSU, IIRC.

Not sure how I feel about selling the crown jewel of Wichita’s public golf courses though.
        Ah, thank you for the background! Had no idea!

But ... I still think WSU needs to own this property.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Ah, thank you for the background! Had no idea!

But ... I still think WSU needs to own this property.
          Agree, but I think WSU has already 'jumped into bed' with the Willowbend people... guess they could always jump back out.

Comment

KW...I love your enthusiasm. There is no way WSU golf would practice at Mac Park. They have access to any and all country clubs in this town. The NCAA would never even almost consider it for a championship venue. Try to compare Mac to Karsten Creek, this past year's host course,...it doesn't compare. NCAA championship golf courses are nearly PGA major championship venues. Now, if you were just playin then I need to check my meter!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
              KW...I love your enthusiasm. There is no way WSU golf would practice at Mac Park. They have access to any and all country clubs in this town. The NCAA would never even almost consider it for a championship venue. Try to compare Mac to Karsten Creek, this past year's host course,...it doesn't compare. NCAA championship golf courses are nearly PGA major championship venues. Now, if you were just playin then I need to check my meter!!!
              Not playin. Mac is a better course than Braeburn was, that's for sure. I think with the right vision it could be made into a very nice course.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Not playin. Mac is a better course than Braeburn was, that's for sure. I think with the right vision it could be made into a very nice course.
                Yes, no doubt. Whether Johnny buys it or you or me, some fundamental maintenance updates are well overdue and required. The water and sprinkler system has been repaired by baling wire and duct tape for years now. The clubhouse will need repairs to get it to code. With all that said, Mac Park is a superior layout and fun to play in its well groomed days. I hope that happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Yes, no doubt. Whether Johnny buys it or you or me, some fundamental maintenance updates are well overdue and required. The water and sprinkler system has been repaired by baling wire and duct tape for years now. The clubhouse will need repairs to get it to code. With all that said, Mac Park is a superior layout and fun to play in its well groomed days. I hope that happens again.
                  It's just not every day a university without a dedicated golf course has a potentially very nice golf course come up for sale only 1 mile from their property. It really is an opportunity that shouldn't be passed up.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You got a thing for that property don't ya? Is that where Kung Wu lost his virginity? Made a spectacular "hole-in-one" of sorts?

I have special memories about that area too. I was at The Cedar back in the day and was approached in the parking lot by a local drunken man and a large black snake. Only as he walked closer I realized it wasn't a reptile at all but a human appendage. He was walking, swinging, and urinating all at the same time while his hands hung freely at his side. I'm still puzzled when I recount that memory. It's not a good area...

T

...:cool:

I am 100% against the idea of Wichita State having anything whatsoever to do with the golf course located at 13th and Doomsville. I think the Stevens family should release large game on the property and then sell hunting permits.

And SHOXAAC is correct, division one golfers always play on the finest courses available locally. It's actually a draw for private clubs to have expert collegiate golfers visiting them.

WSU needs to develop everything to the max within their core campus and then build a big, beautiful wall and have Wichita pay for it.

T

...:cool:

Comment

I can't help it that you have no vision.

WSU needs to buy the golf course, then slowly swallow up everything in between, level it, and then start the new conservative law school and medical program.

Comment

• jdshock
                      jdshock commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Definite yes to the med school, but we have enough stinkin' attorneys in the world as is.

• Kung Wu
                      Kung Wu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not conservative ones. :)

Cold...

trump-youre-fired.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      WSU will be huge and we will win. Bigly. MWGA!

Comment

I read the title to this thread and envisioned a theme park where the Hamburglar would heckle golfers during their backswing and then pour hot coffee on them.
                        Last edited by shoxlax; August 31, 2018, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X