WSU fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU fees

I just looked at my son's WSU itemized account for his first semester. Fees alone (on top of tuition, books, room and meal plan) were nearly $1700. For one semester. Now, some of those are music course fees. But most of it is non-elective - Student Activity ($665), Campus infrastructure ($140) and Barton business school ($560).

For those of you who still hold out hope for football, understand that it won't happen without a pretty sizable increase (probably in the area of $250/yr on average) in the Student Activity fee, which as I understand it would have to be voted on by the students or at least passed by the SGA. I'm not even sure the fees for the upcoming YMCA are in there yet. I just don't see it happening in the foreseeable future unless someone steps forward and creates an endowment to subsidize a football program without tapping the students.

And as much as we complain about the tuition/fee costs here in Kansas, it is even higher in other places. I was reading on FB of someone complaining about fees, and a friend who lives in California shared how thrilled they were to have their child going to K-State. Even with out of state tuition rates, the total cost was going to be lower than the UC system, for which their child qualified.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Two of my son's suite-mates are from Illinois. Both of them had very poor opinions of the state (IL, not KS) and especially the university system. While cost of attendance was one of their criticisms, they mainly came here for the sports mgmt program. One of their dads was an SIU grad, so that mustn't have been easy to send his son to WSU!
      Last edited by RoyalShock; August 22, 2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X