Music Industry Opts For Selling ****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Industry Opts For Selling ****

Don't throw out your vinyl, CD's, or cassette tapes.

I just finished converting my cassettes to digital. I threw some out because I knew I could easily buy replacements on the Net. That's a huge mistake.

When I make CD's from the stuff I took off of old cassettes, the sound quality is better than what you can buy and download by miles. I found stuff on 30 year old cassettes that's still better quality than what you can buy on a download.

If putting stuff on an MP3 player is your intention, go ahead and buy the downloads. You're not hearing a lot of the original recording, but that's the compromise for the convenience.

If you want to listen to decent versions of your music, convert your vinyl and cassettes to digital. Huge hard discs that are now on every computer give you plenty of room to store the .wav files that sound so much better than the .wma's and .mp3's you can buy and download.

If you want information on how to do this, send me a PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Converting music to MP3 will cost you 5/6 of the information of the original recording.

Meaning, when you buy AC/DC MP3 you will only hear 1/6 of the information recorded.

Use FLAC or other losssless audio to maintain quality.

Comment

Theres a movement going back to vinyl-Apparentally the depth of sound is better.
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
        Theres a movement going back to vinyl-Apparentally the depth of sound is better.
        Vinyl just sound "different." It's kinda like charcoal grilling. There's a ritual to it. On the other hand, a good vinyl LP is much better than the $3.00 CD you might find in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart. Many CDs these days have compressed recordings too, but a well recorded CD is as good as it gets right now! I just custom built a theater room in my basement complete with all the goodies including 7.2 surround retailing in the neighborhood of $6000.00 (not an audiophile system by any means, but great sound none the less), and while my CDs are breathetaking, I can't hardly listen to my MP3s. They just suck!
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
          Not likely. With Technics basically discontinuing the most popular and the most well built turntable of all time they are moving towards more "digitial" friendly mediums.

Now thats not to say other companies are making direct drive tables but lets be real... If you're driving your a benz youre not going to go for the volkswagon amirite

Comment

I love my old vinyl.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
              If you're driving your a benz youre not going to go for the volkswagon amirite

You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach You'll never drill for oil on a city street I know you're looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks But there ain't no Coup de Ville Hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box.

I got lost in a music thread. Sorry for the unsolicited, yet awesome lyrics.

Carry on.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John
                You'll never dig for gold on a sandy beach. You'll never drill for oil on a city street. You'll never find a ruby in a mountain of rocks. And there ain't no Coupe DeVille hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box.
                You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd.

-- Thanks to Roger Miller.

Comment

You'll never find your gold on a sandy beach You'll never drill for oil on a city street I know you're looking for a ruby in a mountain of rocks But there ain't no Coup de Ville Hiding at the bottom of a Cracker Jack box.

Carry on.

Comment

Carry on.
                    Too many jokes to begin...
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla

Carry on.
                      The worst thing in this thread might be the guy's shirt.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                        Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla

Carry on.
                        The worst thing in this thread might be the guy's shirt.
                        Actually, while the shirt is an abomination, the biggest travesty is seeing such a hot midget giving it up to such a loser. A midget that hot should be paired up with a much cooler guy. She should be with me...

Comment

And can we see a pic of you to see if that is true .... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                            Well, I don't like to brag, but I have a pretty good looking mug. Here is a photo of me shortly after the new phonebooks arrived.

[u][img]

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                              did you just ask another dude to see his pic?

[img]http://api.ning.com/files/P-hXZK5Z28q9F0qwNmLHCpixFxPV01mYZGwcQavCcE*a8g0n-IZP-rjAAb2IirPc*q4Zq02jgZv7iP2PNGhBMPFTI67uw-Y*/SMFH_2.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X