Brown Brothers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown Brothers

It seems that the two Brown brothers have their careers back on the right track at K-State after their short stints at southeastern schools. I went to a few of their high school games to watch them play, the only high school games I've attended since I graduated high school in 04.

I wasn't too impressed by the way Bryce handled his recruitment or the way he left Tennessee (not speaking to the coach in person to ask for his release), but the past is the past and I'm ready to root for them again.

Both had a solid spring game on Saturday, worth noting Arthur's 14 tackles a game high. The one aspect about Arthur's game I remember the most from watching him in person is his speed. He is the most explosive linebacker I've seen. I don't buy into Randy Shannon's poor reasoning for not playing him basically saying he wasn't smart enough to learn the defense. Bryce was always exciting to watch and showed exceptional skills in high school. I am by no means a K-State fan and you won't ever see me in purple, but I'm rooting for these two. Anyone else have anything to say about them?
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

My verdict is still out on them, but I'm leaning toward the opinion that they are overrated. I will agree that Arhur is an explosive player. I was amazed to see how fast he would close-in and tackle players at East.

It will be interesting to see how well they do at KSU.
    "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Working...
    X