Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XManCometh
    Originally posted by SubGod22
    Unless my brother was lying to me, Hosmer will be in KC tomorrow and Kila has been optioned to Omaha.
    This is true. They're discussing it on 810 and on the post-game on TV. About time. Kila wasn't cutting it. I guess Robinson isn't going to get a chance. Shame.

Buster Olney
    The first of the Royals' new wave of talent gets the call: Eric Hosmer has been summoned from Class AAA, and will join KC on Friday.
    Tell me what the difference is between Kila and Clint Robinson?

Hosmer is the future (supposedly) of not only his position but the franchise. Something is wrong if he isnt jumping both of these guys.

Comment

Albuquerque Barely Hangs On to Defeat Storm Chasers
      Albuquerque, N.M. - The Storm Chasers scored four times in the ninth inning but their comeback attempt fell just short in a 9-8 loss to Albuquerque Thursday night in the last of a four-game set at Isotopes Park. The two teams split the series and have evenly divided eight games so far this season.

Omaha's lead in the American Conference Northern Division remained at three games over Iowa on the day that first baseman Eric Hosmer was promoted to the Kansas City Royals. Even without the league's leading hitter in the lineup, the Storm Chasers cranked out 14 hits and drew six walks against four Albuquerque hurlers.

David Lough extended his hitting streak to 10 games with a leadoff triple in the third and scored the game's first run one out later on a wild pitch. Then, with two outs, Clint Robinson singled, stole second and moved to third on a base hit by Lorenzo Cain, who stayed in a rundown between first and second base long enough to allow the Omaha first baseman to cross the plate to make it a 2-0 game.
      Bats cold in loss to Cardinals Thursday

SLUGGISH START DOOMS ROCKS AT FREDERICK
      Frederick, MD - Two-out RBIs accounted for all but one of the scores as the Frederick Keys (13-13) bested the Wilmington Blue Rocks (16-10) at Harry Grove Stadium on Thursday night, 5-2. The series opener between the top two teams in the CL North saw Wilmington trail by five before Nick Francis' two-out, two-run double in the eighth. Alas, that was all as the Blue Crew could muster as it lost for the first time with Noel Arguelles (1-1) on the bump. The Cuban defector allowed just five hits, but four runs over a career-long six innings to suffer his first stateside setback.
      Pimentel pitches today.

Kane County finally wins again.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
        Originally posted by XManCometh
        Originally posted by SubGod22
        Unless my brother was lying to me, Hosmer will be in KC tomorrow and Kila has been optioned to Omaha.
        This is true. They're discussing it on 810 and on the post-game on TV. About time. Kila wasn't cutting it. I guess Robinson isn't going to get a chance. Shame.

Buster Olney
        The first of the Royals' new wave of talent gets the call: Eric Hosmer has been summoned from Class AAA, and will join KC on Friday.
        Tell me what the difference is between Kila and Clint Robinson?

Hosmer is the future (supposedly) of not only his position but the franchise. Something is wrong if he isnt jumping both of these guys.
        I wasn't saying Hosmer isn't great and shouldn't be up, because he deserves it with what he's done. But we did start his clock early, so this promotion is going to cost us a year earlier than it would have had we brought him up in less than a month. So unless David Glass had decided to open his pockets to keep guys around, which he's shown numerous times he doesn't like to do, it might not be a good thing. I just figured if Kila was doing bad, which he was, they'd bring up Robinson for a bit to see what we had. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy Hosmer is here and I hope he never goes back to AAA, but I would have liked to see what Robinson could have done with a little time in the show. Maybe it's just a man-crush I have for guys who hit for the Triple Crown. I don't know. Maybe I'll get my wish and Butler will go down for 15 days and they'll call him up to DH. Oh well, who cares really. I'm making the trip up for the Cards series and I'd rather see Hosmer play than Kila or CRob any day. As you said, Hosmer is the future.

Comment

Omaha went 2-1 this weekend. Not much to note in the Friday loss. Zawadzki is on a bit of tear though. Chasers Slow Red-Hot RedHawks
          OMAHA, Neb. - Lance Zawadzki and Mike Moustakas homered, Kevin Pucetas kept Oklahoma City off the scoreboard, and the Omaha Storm Chasers snapped a mini two-game slide by knocking off the RedHawks 3-1 Saturday night. Omaha (17-12) remains three games up in the American Northern Division, while Oklahoma City (13-16) saw its five-game win streak snapped and now sits 5.5 games behind Round Rock in last place in the American Southern Division.
          Zawadzki, who came over from the San Diego Padres' organization in the offseason, continued his recent tear at the plate by going 2-for-4 with a two-run blast in the second inning. He is 9-for-18 (.500) over his past four games with four runs scored and seven runs batted in, raising his batting average 69 points from .153 to .222 during the stretch. Moustakas added a home run off the rightfield foul pole in the seventh, part of a 1-for-2 day in which also walked and was hit by a pitch from losing pitcher Douglas Arguello (2-2).

Righthander Kevin Pucetas (3-0) earned the victory in the ballgame, becoming the first member of the Omaha pitching staff to reach three wins. He fired 5.2 scoreless innings, allowing just two hits while walking five and striking out three. Pucetas lowered his ERA to 1.57 with the performance, third-best in the entire Pacific Coast League. Everett Teaford came on and struck out three of the four batters he faced, and Jesse Chavez picked up his fourth save - despite allowing his first run of the season after a 14.1-inning scoreless streak. His earned run average now rests at 0.57 for the year.
          Duffy, Balanced Attack Lead Chasers to Victory
          OMAHA, Neb. - Storm Chasers starting pitcher Danny Duffy may be just 22 years of age, but his performances on the mound this season continue to defy his youth. Duffy took down his third-straight Pacific Coast League foe Sunday, improving his record to 3-0 on the season and helping the Chasers to a perfect 6-0 mark in 2011 when he takes the hill.
          The 6-foot-3 lefthander went six innings, allowing two runs on five hits with one walk. He struck out eight, the third consecutive outing in which he has fanned eight or more batters. His only major mistake resulted in a two-run home run by Oklahoma City first baseman Brian Dopirak, which got caught up in a strong wind that gusted out to left field all afternoon. The defending PCL Pitcher of the Week, Duffy has struck out 41 batters and walked just seven in 32.0 innings this year, compiling a 2.25 ERA.

Omaha got on the board early, jumping all over starting and losing pitcher Henry Villar (2-1). Mike Moustakas kick-started the offense with an RBI single in the bottom of the first, then later came around on a three-run double by Lorenzo Cain. Lance Zawadzki followed with a run-scoring double of his own, giving the Storm Chasers a 5-0 lead after just one inning.
          When a spot opens, there's no doubt in my mind that Duffy will be the first one up. Always thought it would be Monty, but he's still waking too many batters. Monty will pitch for Omaha today starting in a few minutes.

Osuna and the Naturals had a horrid Saturday. If you want to read about it. Here you go. Sunday was a heck of a game. See-Saw battle goes to the Naturals
          The wheels fell off for Dwyer in the fifth. He was wild throughout the game, uncorking four wild pitches and walking four batters. He also hit two batters to start the fifth, and both moved into scoring position with one of his wild pitches. Hector Gomez then tied the ballgame with a two-run single. Dwyer was able to retire Ben Paulsen on a lineout, but balked Gomez to second and walked Darin Holcomb. Scott Beerer, who was 3-for-5 with a pair of RBI's on the afternoon, singled home Gomez and then Dwyer's walk to Bronson Sardinha ended his day.
          Lamb pitches tonight.

Wilmington got swept and now is tied for first. Game One Game Two, Melville Pitched Game Three Odorizzi pitches tomorrow.

And not surprisingly, Kane County lost all weekend. (9-22)
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

RedHawks Comeback Spoils Monday Matinee
            Moustakas finished the ballgame 2-for-3 with a pair of doubles, a sacrifice fly, a walk and two runs batted in. Since the promotion of Eric Hosmer to Kansas City, Moustakas has an average/on-base/slugging "slash line" of .412/.500/.706 in five games. He also has four multi-hit games in his past six contests, double the amount he had through the season's first 23 games.

The contest began as a duel between 2008 first-round draft picks Mike Montgomery of Omaha and Jordan Lyles of Oklahoma City. The 21-year-old Montgomery allowed three runs on six hits in five innings, while the 20-year-old Lyles gave up five runs on six hits in 5.1 innings. Montgomery walked two and struck out six, leaving with a 5-3 lead. Lyles walked six and struck out three. Neither earned a decision, with Fernando Rodriguez picking up the victory in relief for the RedHawks.
            Sounds like Omaha shot themselves in the foot...repeatedly. Vinny is expected to pitch today.

Naturals pay for mistakes Monday
            Mario Lisson pulled the Naturals even in the bottom of the seventh with a line-drive solo homer to left-center. He now leads the team with eight home runs in 2011 and tied the all-time team record with his 98th RBI in a Northwest Arkansas uniform.
            Appears the Naturals may have beat themselves as well...Will Smith will pitch this morning.

Kane County lost again.

Prospect Watch: Royals Top 10
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Aces Shut Down Storm Chasers
              Mike Moustakas broke the shutout bid by the hosts with a one-out solo home run, his sixth of the year, off Daniel Stange in the eighth inning.
              The lone bright spot.

Smith, bullpen hold Tulsa in check
              Smith also commanded the strike zone well, walking just two batters. In six-plus innings, Smith allowed a run on seven hits, striking out four Drillers and throwing a season-high 91 pitches.

The Naturals (14-14) gave their starter early run support, scoring once in each of the first and second innings off of Tulsa's Rob Scahill (2-3). Wil Myers sparked the offense with a two-out single to center in the first, advancing to second when Jamie Romak worked a walk. Tim Smith then followed by lining a Scahill offering into left-center to bring in Myers for the first run of the game.

In the next inning, Mario Lisson and Ben Theriot worked back-to-back walks to open the frame. After Nick Van Stratten moved each runner up with a sacrifice bunt, Anthony Seratelli brought in Lisson with a groundout to second, expanding the Naturals' lead to 2-0.
              Osuna will start next on Thursday.

ODORIZZI SENDS SALEM TO SLAUGHTER
              Wilmington, DE - Jake Odorizzi was just the tonic the struggling Wilmington Blue Rocks needed on Tuesday night. The 21-year-old right-hander fanned a career-best 13 and took a no-hitter into the sixth inning as Wilmington beat the Salem Red Sox, 3-1, at Frawley Stadium. The victory was just the team's second in its last eight games.
              Odorizzi (3-0) set the tone from the start, striking out the side in the opening inning, and whiffing the first five batters of the game. His dominant fastball and pinpoint control helped him overpower the Sox, as he did not allow a runner until there were two outs in the third. His only blemishes through the first five frames came courtesy of two-out free passes issued in the third and fourth innings.

His only challenge of the evening came in his final frame on the mound. Odorizzi walked Zach Gentile and then allowed a slap single through the left-side hole to Jeremy Hazelbaker to begin the sixth. But the highly regarded prospect found just enough energy to fan the last three batters he faced and escape the jam unscathed.
              Jake Odorizzi's 13 strikeouts on Tuesday night were the most by a Wilmington pitcher since current Kansas City Royal Aaron Crow fanned 13 Myrtle Beach Pelicans at Frawley Stadium on September 1, 2010. The Rocks' franchise-record for punchouts in a single game is 17, set by Glendon Rusch on August 7, 1995 against the Lynchburg Hillcats.

Odorizzi has been downright un-hittable over his last four starts. The Illinois native has allowed just four earned runs in 25 innings pitched, whiffing 41 and walking just seven over that stretch.
              Arguelles pitches tonight. Another piece on Odorizzi's performance. Rocks' Odorizzi fans career-high 13
              "Early on, I had my control and fastball location and things were just working well all night long," Odorizzi said.

The gem gave the 21-year-old right-hander both the Carolina League and Royals organization lead in strikeouts.

"I try to throw strikes and get ahead in the count," he said. "Working off the fastball opened up a lot doors, and when you throw strikes you'll get some strikeouts. The strikeouts are a side effect of the way I want to pitch."

Odorizzi started hot Tuesday and never let up. He fanned the first five batters he faced and did not allow a hit until the sixth inning.

"Jake set the tone for us," said Wilmington manager Brian Rupp. "He was aggressive with the fastball and his curve was maybe the best we've seen it so far."

Though Odorizzi (3-0) walked a season-high three batters, just one Red Sox player reached second base during his six frames.
              Kane County won! (10-23) No longer in last...
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Storm Chasers Dig the Long Ball in Win Over Aces
                Reno, NV - Joaquin Arias and Clint Robinson belted home runs while Jesse Chavez survived a rocky ninth inning as Omaha hung on to defeat Reno, 6-5, Wednesday night in the second of a four-game set at Aces Ballpark. The 19-14 Storm Chasers stretched their lead to 4 1/2 games over idle Iowa in the American Conference North Division.

Chavez was called on to protect a 6-3 advantage but allowed a Brandon Allen sacrifice fly and a run-scoring hit by Wily Mo Pena that trimmed the margin to one. The right-hander then retired Cole Gillespie with two runners on to end the game and earn his fifth save of the season.
                Pucetas pitches tonight. He's been having a pretty decent year.

NWA didn't play yesterday, but here's a nice piece on one of our young prospects. Colon Powered by Love of the Game

PITCHING PEARL GIVES ROCKS ONE-RUN WIN
                Wilmington, DE - For the second consecutive night the Wilmington Blue Rocks shut down the best offense in the Carolina League. Just 24 hours after Jake Odorizzi fanned 13 in six innings of work, Noel Arguelles worked 5.2 one-run frames, and Michael Mariot held on down the stretch as the Rocks earned a 3-2 victory over the Salem Red Sox on Wednesday at Frawley Stadium.
                Arguelles (2-1) was not overpowering, but he was effective. The Cuban-defector, who signed a five-year $7 million contract with Kansas City in January, 2010, fanned four and walked only one as he yielded four hits and a third-inning run. He pitched around two knocks in the first and surrendered an RBI single to Jeremy Hazelbaker two frames later. But Arguelles seemed to get stronger as the night progressed and did not allow a hit to the last 10 batters he faced.
                Pimentel pitches tonight. And yet another Odorizzi blurb. Odorizzi continues to flash potential
                NEW YORK -- Good dividends continue to roll in from one-quarter of the return in the Zack Greinke trade -- right-handed pitcher Jake Odorizzi.

Odorizzi has a 3-0 record and 1.97 ERA after Class A Advanced Wilmington's 3-1 victory over Salem on Tuesday night. Odorizzi, 21, pitched six shutout innings and notched 13 strikeouts -- giving him 51 whiffs in 32 innings.
                Kane County has won two in a row.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Reno Roughs Up Storm Chasers
                  Johnny Giavotella's solo home run, his first at the Triple-A level, two batters into the game got the Storm Chasers on the board against Omaha native Zach Kroenke. The southpaw allowed three runs on six hits over five frames to earn the win to improve to 4-0 on the season.

However, the lead did not last very long, as the Aces countered with four runs of their own in the bottom of the first. Allen socked a two-run home run before Gillespie tripled in a run and scored on an infield hit by Sean Burroughs. The hosts pushed the margin to 6-1 in the second when Gillespie delivered a two-out, two-run single.

David Lough's two-run homer in the third cut the deficit to 6-3 but Reno responded with a pair in the home half of the inning to extend the lead back to five.
                  Maybe I jinxed Pucetas. By far his worst outting of the season. Duffy pitches tonight.

NWA got rained out in Springfield and will play a DH on Sunday. Dwyer pitches tonight.

LATE ROCKS RALLY FALLS SHORT - Melville pitches tonight...

Kane County loses again.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Reno Wins Series From Storm Chasers
                    Omaha starter Danny Duffy suffered his first loss after allowing four runs on six hits while walking three and striking out a pair. He lasted only four frames in his shortest start of the season and was replaced by Everett Teaford, who allowed a home run to Pena, the first batter he faced.
                    Monty pitches this evening.

Naturals homer happy in win over Cards
                    The win featured some spectadular relief for the Naturlas' bullpen. After Rollins allowed just the RBI groundout in 2 innings, Brandon Sisk (2-0) who held the Cardinals hitless for an inning through the bottom of the seventh and eighth, ended up earning the victory. Patrick Keating worked around one hit and recorded all five of his outs via the strikeout to earn his fifth save on the season for Northwest Arkansas (15-14).

Dwyer ended up charged with all five Springfield runs on seven hits in 4 1/3 innings. He fanned five and walked two. Cleto allowed five hits and four runs (three earned) for Springfield, walking three and fanning five as both starters recorded no-decisions.
                    Lamb will pitch tonight.

BLUE ROCKS ROUT P-NATS, 13-4
                    Woodbridge, VA - No Wilmington starter had received less run support than Tim Melville entering Friday night. Boy did that trend change. With a throng of more than 50 family members and friends offering support from the stands, the prospect saw his offense put a season-high 13 runs on the board as the Blue Rocks (19-14) routed the Potomac Nationals (12-21) in a mistake-marred Friday-the-13th win, 13-4. The win snapped a six-game road slide for the Blue Crew, its longest since 2005.
                    Few would have forecasted Wilmington's good fortune after Potomac got the game's first three runs in the opening inning. All of the scores crossed with two outs, including an unearned tally. The Rocks then ripped off 11 unanswered runs. A three-run fourth gave Wilmington a lead it would hold for the rest of the night. Jose Bonilla drove in the go-ahead run with a single, one of his three hits on the night.

But that blow made for a single-score advantage. A six-run fifth cemented the comeback as the Blue Rocks batted around and chased starter Cameron Selik (0-2). Carlo Testa, Tim Ferguson and Bonilla doubled during the five-hit frame with Ferguson driving in two runs. Selik gave up nine runs (eight earned) on 10 hits and a walk over 4.1 innings. Melville (3-4) then tossed a scoreless bottom half of the inning to depart in line for the win. He allowed three runs (two earned) on four hits and two walks while whiffing five.
                    Sample gets the start tonight.

Kane County wins. Someone asked about Eibner in the Royals thread I believe. I noticed he's on the DL, but I'm not sure what for and apparently he's been out for about a month. If I find some info I'll pass it along.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

And here's an article I found after a quick search. It's dated April 17. Cougars’ Eibner sidelined by thumb injury
                      GENEVA — Kane County Cougars outfielder Brett Eibner’s pro career couldn’t have started better when he homered in his first at-bat last Thursday at Wisconsin, but it’s taken a bit of a frustrating turn since.

Eibner, the Kansas City Royals’ second-round pick a year ago and one of the top prospects in the system, injured his left thumb the next night making a diving catch and hasn’t played since. He is seeing a doctor today to assess the damage and determine the next step.

Up until his injury, Eibner was off to a good start, going 2-for-6 with a homer, two RBI and two walks at the plate, but he will deal with a hand injury for the second straight spring. He played through a broken right hand while at the University of Arkansas last year, an injury that ended up getting him shut down for the season after the Royals drafted him.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

This one is about a week later and does not specify the injury, but Shocker basketball fans will remember the recruitment of the guy they promoted to fill the spot...

This one says it isn't broken but he will miss significant time while he heals and rehabs. They expect to get at least half a season out of him.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Chasers' Cain hits for the cycle
                          One of the players the Royals acquired in the Zack Greinke trade last December, Cain equaled his previous personal best for RBIs with a first-inning grand slam. He led off the third with a double and singled home Johnny Giavotella in the fourth to extend Omaha's cushion to 10-6.

The Sky Sox rallied for five runs in the fifth and an 11-10 lead, but Cain delivered a two-run triple in the sixth to put the Storm Chasers in front for good.
                          Montgomery was charged with a career-high 11 runs, eight earned, on nine hits and four walks while fanning three and was not involved in the decision.
                          Chasers Crush Colorado Springs
                          Colorado Springs, CO - Mike Moustakas homered and knocked in three runs and Paulo Orlando also drove in three runs as Omaha continued to prosper offensively in a 12-5 decision over Colorado Springs in the second of a four-game set on a chilly Sunday afternoon at Security Service Field.

The Storm Chasers have totaled 28 runs on 35 hits while scoring in 12 out of 18 innings in claiming the first two games to improve to 21-16. Clint Robinson paced Sunday's 14-hit barrage with two singles and a double to go along with two runs batted in and a run scored.
                          Tale of two Smith's in Game One
                          SPRINGFIELD, MO - Naturals' lefty Will Smith turned in his second consecutive stellar outing, and as it turned out, Tim Smith's fourth inning solo homer was all the offense he'd need as the Naturals cruised to a four-hit, 3-0 shutout in game one of a Sunday twi-night twinbill at Hammons Field.
                          Northwest Arkansas (17-14) had been held to a pair of walks and a single hit when Tim Smith launched his second homer of the season in the fourth inning. Nick Van Stratten led off the fifth with a single and later scored on a wild pitch to put the Naturals up 2-0, and Smith came through with an RBI single to give the Naturals a 3-0 lead.
                          Naturals broom Cards in Sunday twinbill
                          SPRINGFIELD, MO - Nick Van Stratten hit a grand slam and Ryan Eigsti followed him with a solo shot during a dramatic seven-run sixth, propelling the Naturals to an 8-4 win over the Springfield Cardinals as they sweep both the twinbill and the four-game series at Hammons Field.
                          No word yet on who's pitching for NWA tonight.

LATE COMEBACK, HARD RAINS DRENCH BLUE ROCKS, 5-4
                          Woodbridge, VA - The calm before the storm had a multi-layered feel at Pfitzner Stadium on Saturday night. Through the game's first seven frames, the Wilmington Blue Rocks (19-15) held an easy advantage. Then came an inning's worth of rain and an explosion of runs as the host Potomac Nationals (13-21) rallied for a 5-4 rain-shortened win to tie the three-game set at one apiece. The game was called after a 36-minute delay with only eight innings in the books due to hard rain, unfavorable radar and the grounds crew's failure to cover the first-base area during the downpour.
                          The Blue Rocks grabbed a 3-0 lead in the very first inning on Danny Rosenbaum with RBI hits from Tim Ferguson and Alex McClure along with an error by second baseman Jeff Kobernus. Justin Bloxom's first home run of the season, a solo shot, put Potomac on the board in the second against Tyler Sample before the Blue Rocks responded with a Ferguson RBI single in the third for a 4-1 score.

Sample cruised from there. The third-round pick from the 2008 draft fell an out short of tying for the longest outing of his career. He departed with a man at third and two outs in the seventh. Justin Marks (1-2) protected the lead at the time with a strikeout of Kobernus. Sample allowed two runs (one earned) on seven hits and one walk over 6.2 innings. He struck out four and fired 96 pitches (61 strikes).
                          P-Nats Win Rubber Match, Francis Receives Promotion
                          Woodbridge, VA - A ninth-inning rally met a similar response as the Wilmington Blue Rocks (19-16) lost in walk-off fashion for the fourth time this season with a 5-4 finish at Potomac (14-21) on Sunday afternoon. After tying the game with two runs in the top of the ninth, the Rocks saw Jeff Kobernus snap an 0-for-18 skid with a two-out RBI single on a 3-2 pitch from Manauris Baez (1-1) to win it. The Rocks lost for the eighth time in nine road games including two of three at Pfitzner Stadium to the Nationals.
                          Kobernus' single scored Eury Perez from first base for the dramatic finish. It made a winner out of closer Pat Lehman (2-0). The Potomac right-hander entered the game with one run allowed and one blown save in eight tries all season. In the ninth, the Blue Rocks tagged him with a pair of scores to tie the game. With two outs and two strikes, Deivy Batista got his fourth hit in as many at-bats with a double over the head of Destin Hood in right field to score Juan Graterol from second. Whit Merrifield flared the next pitch over shortstop for an RBI single and a 4-4 deadlock.
                          Before the game, the Kansas City Royals announced outfielder Nick Francis received a promotion to Double-A Northwest Arkansas (TEX). Francis departs the Carolina League with a triple slash of .270/.310/.484. In 32 games, he hit a team-high 12 doubles, one triple, four homers and knocked in 21 runs. He also leaves with the league's most outfield assists (10). Former Blue Rocks catcher now a converted outfielder Wil Myers also hit the Naturals' disabled list on Sunday.
                          Arguelles is scheduled to start today.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Chasers Charge Back to Beat Colorado Springs
                            Colorado Springs, CO - Irving Falu delivered the tie-breaking two-run triple in the seventh inning to lift Omaha to a stirring 12-9 come-from-behind win over Colorado Springs Monday night in the third of a four-game set at Security Service Field. Falu finished 5-for-6 with three runs scored while Paulo Orlando collected four hits, scored three times and added an RBI to lead a 19-hit attack for the Storm Chasers, who improved to 22-16 overall and leveled their road record at 11-11.

Johnny Giavotella drove in three runs for the visitors, who have posted 40 runs on 54 hits in taking the first three games of the series. Mike Moustakas and Clint Robinson each went 2-for-5 with two runs batted in during Omaha's seventh straight win over the Sky Sox.
                            Pucetas to pitch this evening.

Two-run ninth propels Naturals to win
                            TULSA, OK - Nick Francis' first Double-A hit will be one to remember, a two-run double that came with two outs in the top of the ninth that helped the Naturals top the Tulsa Drillers 5-4 Monday night at ONEOK Field.
                            Francis' hit came off of Tulsa closer Adam Jorgenson (0-1), who is second in the Texas League with nine saves. With his team holding a 4-3 lead, Jorgenson was called upon for the ninth and got two quick outs, getting Jamie Romak to fly out to right and Tim Smith to pop out to short.

But Jeff Bianchi and Salvador Perez then singled back-to-back to put runners at first and second. Up came Francis, looking for his first Texas League hit in his third game with the Naturals. He hit a blistering double to left field to get both Bianchi and Perez home.
                            Osuna pitches tonight.

BOTTOM OF THE ORDER LEADS TO A WILMINGTON WIN
                            Salem, VA - The bottom portion of the Wilmington Blue Rocks' lineup enjoyed one of its most prolific nights of the season as the Blue Crew (20-16) secured a 7-3 series-opening win against the Salem Red Sox (21-14) on Monday night. Batters five through nine combined for seven hits, four RBIs, two walks and four runs scored in the victory. Among them, Juan Graterol notched three hits, Deivy Batista drove in two runs and right-hander Michael Mariot improved to 4-0 with five innings of one-run piggyback relief for the win.
                            Pimentel takes the mound this evening.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Chasers Storm Back to Down Sky Sox
                              Colorado Springs, CO - Manny Pina's first home run of the season put Omaha ahead to stay in the midst of a seven-run eighth inning that lifted Omaha to an improbable 12-9 comeback win over Colorado Springs Tuesday night in the last of a four-game set at Security Service Field. The Storm Chasers return home at 23-16, with a six-game lead over Iowa in the American Conference North, after taking five out of eight in Reno and Colorado Springs.

Paulo Orlando finished 4-for-5 and a triple shy of hitting for the cycle while driving in three and scoring twice to pace an 18-hit attack for the Storm Chasers, who swept the season series from the Sky Sox for the second straight year. Omaha compiled 52 runs on 72 hits during the four games and scored in 22 of the 36 innings.
                              Mike Moustakas clubbed a solo home run with two outs in the third to trim the deficit to one before Charlie Blackmon answered in kind in the bottom of the frame. Omaha tied the game briefly in the seventh on Orlando's two-out, two-run home run, his first at the Triple-A level.
                              Monty will pitch on Thursday.

Drillers walk their way to win in extras
                              TULSA, OK - Tulsa's Mike Mitchell drew a bases loaded walk with two out in the bottom of the tenth inning to beat the Naturals 5-4 and halting their season-high winning streak at six games.
                              New Naturals' reliever Willy Lebron (0-1), in his third inning of work in the bottom of the tenth, got Hector Gomez looking for one quick out, and got Ben Paulsen swinging. Problem was, his strike three pitch went wide and Paulsen reached safely.

After Darin Holcomb singled to put runners at first and second with one out, Wilin Rosario popped out for the second out. Warren Schaeffer followed for Tulsa and worked a walk to load the bases. Mitchell followed and walked on four pitches to end the game.
                              Dwyer pitches this afternoon. I hope he gets things back on track.

Wilmington was rained out. Pimentel will start game one. Melville will pitch the second.

Maybe Kane County does have articles on the games. At least I found one this time. It's a different setup than the other three teams. Kane County scores two in the 9th inning to edge Kernels 5-4
                              CEDAR RAPIDS, IA - The Cedar Rapids Kernels dropped their eighth straight game Tuesday night, losing a close contest to the Kane County Cougars 5-4 at Perfect Game Field. Despite holding a 4-3 with two outs in the ninth inning, the Kernels gave up two runs and relinquished the lead to the Cougars.

Gerard Hall tripled in the tying run and Alex Llanos singled in the go-ahead run for Kane County off of Kernels reliever Justin La Tempa. La Tempa (1-2) picked up his second loss of the season in relief of starter Daniel Tillman, throwing 3.2 innings and allowing five hits and two earned runs.
                              Or maybe it just happened to be a Cedar Rapids article... It'd be nice if Kane County does this. Maybe I could figure out who might be worth watching as very few names jump out at me on the roster.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Naturals go down in last at-bat again
                                TULSA, OK - Tulsa infielder Thomas Field, who entered the ballgame barely batting above .200, hit a walkoff, opposite field two-run shot of Naturals' closer Patrick Keating to send Northwest Arkansas to a 4-3 loss, their second loss in the final at-bat in as many days.
                                Unfortunately, the loss deprived starter Chris Dwyer of a win after an encouraging performance by the southpaw who had been struggling mightily in his past several starts. Dwyer tossed six innings and limited Tulsa to just a pair of hits. He walked four and fanned two.
                                Lamb pitches tonight.

BLUE CREW RIDES LONGBALLS TO SWEEP
                                Salem, VA - The Wilmington Blue Rocks (22-16) had hit one home run over 16 games going into Wednesday afternoon's doubleheader with the Salem Red Sox (21-16). Whit Merrifield, Tim Ferguson and Rey Navarro then each went yard in one day as the Blue Rocks swept the twinbill, 7-1 and 5-1. Merrifield drove in four runs on three hits between the two games as the Blue Rocks guaranteed themselves the series victory and a winning road trip. Slumping Salem has lost six in a row and seven straight at home, the franchise's longest home skid since 2000.
                                The first four Wilmington batters reached and all four scored during a six-run sixth in the opener. The big inning broke up a 1-1 draw. Merrifield's two-run single combined with Ferguson's two-run homer to highlight the fireworks. All of the damage went on the line of reliever Jeremiah Bayer (2-1). Starter Elisaul Pimentel (3-1) got the win with six innings of one-run ball.

In game two, Merrifield's two-out, two-run homer to left, his first of the year, gave the Rocks an early lead in the second inning. Salem responded the next half-inning with the only run allowed by Tim Melville (4-4) over his five frames of work. Navarro's three-run dinger to right in the sixth rounded out the scoring as Kevin Chapman struck out three in two perfect innings of relief to conclude the sweep. Salem's starter, Drake Britton (1-4), allowed just two runs on one hit, but suffered the loss.
                                Sounds as though Marks and Sample will piggyback tonights game.

Kane County combines to no-hit Kernels
                                Cedar Rapids, IA- Kane County Cougar pitchers Sugar Ray Marimon and Chas Byrne combined to throw a no-hitter against the Kernels on Wednesday night, shutting out Cedar Rapids 2-0.

Sugar Ray Marimon (3-2) went 7.2 innings and allowed no runs on no hits while striking out seven and walking two. Marimon exited after Kernels designated hitter Ricky Alvarez reached on a throwing error by Kane County third baseman Angel Franco. Chas Byrne came on to retire the final four Kernels in order to finish the combined no-hitter. Byrne went 1.1 innings and picked up his second save while allowing no hits and striking out one.
                                Marimon, Byrne toss no-no for Cougars
                                Sugar Ray Marimon proved more than sweet for the Kane County Cougars on Wednesday night.

The 22-year-old right-hander tossed 7 2/3 innings and Chas Byrne nailed down the last four outs to complete the seventh no-hitter in team history as Kane County blanked the Cedar Rapids Kernels, 2-0.

"My best pitch tonight was my changeup," an emotional Marimon said.
                                "He was under control, had great fastball command and mixed in his changeup early," said Cougars pitching coach Jim Brower, who was in contact with the Royals development staff as the game progressed. "He kept their hitters off-balance from the start.

"We have an organizational pitch limit of 100 and we're pretty firm with that. Everyone in the organization is thrilled for Sugar -- he's already getting texts -- but his development is more important than one game."

After a perfect first inning, the undrafted free agent issued a leadoff walk in the second to Brandon Decker, who was erased on a double play. Ricky Alvarez drew a leadoff walk in the third but was stranded after three consecutive groundouts.

Marimon was virtually untouchable the rest of the way. He retired 17 batters in a row before Alvarez reached on third baseman Angel Franco's throwing error with two outs in the eighth.

Kane County manager Vance Wilson made the move then, with Marimon at 101 pitches. Relievers had begun warming up in the seventh Brower told Byrne before the eighth to throw in the bullpen behind Marimon.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X