KC Royals - KIDS Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KC Royals - KIDS Edition

Poor start for the Storm Chasers (I blame the name) as they lost 10-5 to the Isotopes.
    ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - Clint Robinson belted two solo home runs in his Triple-A debut, but it wasn't enough as the Omaha Storm Chasers fell to the Albuquerque Isotopes 10-5 in the season opener for both teams Thursday night in front of 7,742 at Isotopes Park.
    The Storm Chasers' 21-year-old lefthander Mike Montgomery took the loss in his first Triple-A start, allowing five runs on six hits over five frames. He walked two, struck out three and finished his performance by retiring the last seven batters he faced. Meanwhile, Dana Eveland, the 27-year-old former big leaguer, earned the win after he was charged with four runs, two earned, on seven hits while issuing a pair of free passes and fanning four over 5 1/3 innings of work.
    Nice to see Kila JR off to a hot start though with 2 bombs.

Naturals come up just short in opener. Sounds like Van Stratten and Colon had eventful games but Dwyer struggled a bit.

I believe Melville is starting tonight for Wilmington. Lamb for NWA.

This thread is obviously about the kids and I'll try to keep any news about them in here and as up to date as possible. Every now and then I'll give some key statistics on the progress of the known "name" prospects, the ones I've come to follow for whatever reason and any surprising youngsters.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Trade Kila and bring up Robinson!!!!

(just kidding)

Comment

Robinson is another one of those intriguing players. He's a little older but seems to have developed pretty well. Perhaps he's a guy some other team would trade for and maybe we get a little potential somewhere else in return?

Hosmer is the future at 1st. Everybody knows that. Butler is unlikely to go anywhere and I believe may be younger than Robinson anyway. Kila will hopefully produce fairly well this year and can be dealt at some point when Hosmer is ready.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

who the hell thought of the "Storm Chasers"?
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
          Fans voted on it.

As for Robinson, he's the type of guy you could package at the deadline with someone like Cabrera or Francoeur to get a better-than-expected prospect in return.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock

As for Robinson, he's the type of guy you could package at the deadline with someone like Cabrera or Francoeur to get a better-than-expected prospect in return.
            I wish we'd give him a shot. He's obviously proven he can hit at the AAA level. Kila is struggling and I honestly don't think he can cut it in MLB. We're not going to compete this year anyway, so why not give Robinson a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              Originally posted by newshock1234
              Fans voted on it.

iirc, all the choices sucked.

Comment

I had a friend who was at the Storm Chasers/Isotopes game Saturday. Said Duffy looked great against the lefties, but not so good against the righties. But was impressed overall.

Mazzaro didn't pitch well at all but the pen and offense did enough to win sunday.

Appears NWA has won three straight by walk offs. Myers, Perez and Van Stratten appeared to be the key players last night. Osuna pitches today.

Odorizzi impressed in his first start in Wilmington.

And all choices for the new Omaha name did in fact suck.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  Appears NWA has won three straight by walk offs. Myers, Perez and Van Stratten appeared to be the key players last night. Osuna pitches today.
                  NWA? Wasn't that an 80's rap group? :)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla
                    Originally posted by SubGod22
                    NWA? Wasn't that an 80's rap group? :)
                    :yes: :good:
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Naturals off to 4-1 start and playing well. Osuna had a nice outing as did Baumann.

Monty will pitch today for Omaha, Dwyer for NWA.

Noel Arguelles has a nice start in his first US game for Wilmington. He faced one over the minimum in his 4 innings.

The Kane County site has little information in the form of news. :(
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Monty bounces back

Naturals sweep Hooks for fifth straight win. Dwyer had another rough outing, but the offense was tremendous.

Melville will pitch next for Wilmington.

Near the end of the month I'll do a run down of how everyone is doing.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Melville Shines 7 K's thru 6 innings and a win.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Clint Robinson hit his 4th bomb of the season tonight. Yet he's still marinating in AAA while Kila struggles in KC.

You'd figure we'd give the Texas League Triple Crown winner a shot, but maybe we won't.

Comment

If things continue as they have through April or mid-May, then I wouldn't be surprised if they give C-Rob a shot. Does Kila still have options left?

But as of tonight, 8-4 and tied for the division lead with the Indians. Not bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X