KC Royals - April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock
    Relying mostly on memory and what I recall reading, Kila had a good September last year and is typically a slow starter in the spring. I think he'll get until at least mid-May to get things turned around. I also read something recently that as far as hitting goes, he's been unlucky on balls put into play.

His defense has been pretty atrocious though.
    I don't follow the Royals that close, but doesn't it become more of "who doesn't play" when Kila does? Not counting the 2 catchers, Kila is the 9th offensive player and being in the line-up because of his glove(at this time anyway) is not a reason. Avila is hitting better since getting back into the line-up and I just see how you cannot have a switch-hitting Betemit somewhere in the line-up everyday (put him at DH and Butler at 1st). Maybe Betemit can play 1st better than 3rd.

I'd like to see Kila make it, but leading the team in SOs is not hitting the ball where players are.

Comment

Luke pitched well for 5 innings...

Starting in Crow's future, but not in 2011 He needs to work on his change...

Sounds like Kendall is hoping to be back in a month or so. That doesn't excite me at all.

SOS is pitching this evening. A win would be big and keep us a game out. I said to a friend last week that I'd gladly take a split in this series. Here's our chance.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        Relying mostly on memory and what I recall reading, Kila had a good September last year and is typically a slow starter in the spring. I think he'll get until at least mid-May to get things turned around. I also read something recently that as far as hitting goes, he's been unlucky on balls put into play.

His defense has been pretty atrocious though.
        This just in - Kila with 2H, 0K on Wed!

Fair Sept. describes it better. Prior to 2011, Kila's career BA was something like .223 with most (or all) of the ABs last Sept. He did hit a few HR, but his K/AB is horrible. Reminds me of chaw-chompin' Mike Jacobs - 19HR but 132K for KC in '09.

Mike Moustakas was likely a callup candidate, but he's batting around .220 in Omaha. Of course, he's a 3B and Betemit is on fire. I read if the Royals wait 'til June with Moustakas they delay arbitration by a year.

Butler isn't a good defensive 1B either, but surely someone else can DH and at least be productive.

I'll stay patient and quiet on Kila for a while, but the Royals need to make hay early while they're hot. Wins in April count the same as wins in August. Automatic outs don't help.

--'85.
        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
          Luke pitched well for 5 innings...
          He really did. I thought the Royals should have slowed the game down a little when CLE got 2 runners on base. Go out and remind Hoch fundamentally what he needs to do when pitching from the stretch and allow him to catch his breath. Scoring 4 runs after 5 perfect innings shouldn't happen. I think he let it get in his brain.

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I missed Coleman being called up. Coleman brings his strikeout power to KC
            KANSAS CITY -- It almost looks like a typographical error -- 16 strikeouts in a mere seven innings. That's the Pacific Coast League, too, not the Bad News Bears League.

That's what right-hander Louis Coleman, the fifth rookie to join the Royals' bullpen, did this season pitching for the Omaha Storm Chasers at Triple-A.

"I've never done anything like that before," Coleman said. "I was just getting ahead and was able to make good pitches early in the count with two strikes and was able to go ahead and get a couple strikeouts. It was a running joke. It was a good time."
            Coleman has scoreless big league debut
            KANSAS CITY -- Royals manager Ned Yost wasted no time getting rookie Louis Coleman his first exposure to the big leagues. Just hours after his arrival, Coleman was brought in to pitch against Cleveland, relieving Sean O'Sullivan after a leadoff single in the Indians' seventh.

That was Yost's plan -- get through at least six innings with O'Sullivan, then go to Coleman, Aaron Crow and, if necessary, Joakim Soria. As it turned out, Soria was not needed because Coleman notched two shutout innings and Crow worked a scoreless ninth to get credit for the 3-2 victory.

"Both those kids came in banging strikes," Yost said. "That's key. If you're coming in late in key games, you've got to bang strikes."
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Royals serve up five homers in 4th straight loss

Bright spot?
              Gordon extended his hit streak to 19. Tied for 8th longest in KC History.

Comment

Working...
              X