The Perfect Push-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect Push-Up

I'm sure you all have seen the infomercials for "The Perfect Push-Up", but I'm wondering if anyone on this board has bought one or knows anyone who has. My brother has asked for one for Christmas but I don't want to get it for him if it sucks. So, if anyone has a review of the product that they would be willing to share I would appreciate it.

He needs a bra???

Comment

Mansierre.

Comment

I thought about getting it.

But then again im to lazy to do actual push ups let alone one with this mechanism

Comment

it's a waste of money. learn how to do pushups without the machine of a machine

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDorian
            it's a waste of money. learn how to do pushups without the machine of a machine
            Is this your uninformed opinion or have you used the device?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              Mansierre.

BRO!

Comment

Re: The Perfect Push-Up

Originally posted by shocks771
                I'm sure you all have seen the infomercials for "The Perfect Push-Up", but I'm wondering if anyone on this board has bought one or knows anyone who has. My brother has asked for one for Christmas but I don't want to get it for him if it sucks. So, if anyone has a review of the product that they would be willing to share I would appreciate it.
                I am not a kinesiologist or orthopedist, but I can tell you that any exercise that puts you elbows beyond parallel with your back is a good way to blow out a pec. Guys used to make versions of this with a dowel and a wood block. They give you an increased range of motion, but in my opinion, not worth it.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

It sounds like a perfect waste of money to me. But I've never used it and I don't know anyone who has.
                  "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                  -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Mansierre.

BRO!
                    Ok - the good Doc has officially lost it. He's now quoting and arguing with himself! Although it is classic Seinfeld.

:wacko:

Comment

BoBB ... I agree with you if you are in 'really bad shape' to begin with, but if in halfway decent shape, you should have no trouble with your pecs.

Extended ranges of exercised have been advocated since the days of Charles Atlas and Joe Weider (my exercise models growing up), and I still put my feet up on 2 steps when doing pushups, and I will be 60 in January.

Believe me, a Navy Seal is very educated regarding exercises and conditioning, and they are the most highly trained force we have in the Military. (and yes, I was in the Navy, and a 3 time Viet Vet)

First off, the extension (past 90 degrees) is not much since most of it is the person lowering their body without extending. The fact that the device rotates is, in fact, better for you doing pushups, and develops more muscles in a uniform way.

It looks to be a good device to me, but I don't know if it's worth the $40 pricetag. Another device I miss and can not find today, is the doorway chin up bar, that screws out with rubber ends to tighten into a normal door frame where you can do chin-ups at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        It looks to be a good device to me, but I don't know if it's worth the $40 pricetag. Another device I miss and can not find today, is the doorway chin up bar, that screws out with rubber ends to tighten into a normal door frame where you can do chin-ups at home.
                        What? Are you suggesting that with all the expensive toys out there in today's world, that the best way to get a good workout is by utilizing the body's own weight, through exercises like pull-ups, push-ups, and triceps dips, along with putting on a pair of shoes and running a few miles.

Amazing. :D

Comment

Yes, I am 'Old School' .... LOL

Comment

Turn a simple push up into a complete workout with our selection of push up training bars and equipment! From swivel push ups to resistance bands, we have what you need.

Shop new and classic BJJ gear from 93brand. A New York-based Jiu Jitsu design company. Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gis and CUSTOM Academy Uniforms. Premium athletic gear including Rashguards, Shorts, and Spats/Leggings for MMA, Nogi, Submission Wrestling. Apparel and accessories for the Martial Arts enthusiast.

Above are pushup blocks chinup bars etc. Much cheaper and just as effective!
                            Check Kmart, Walmart etc.

Type in pushups on search at the bottom of the page. Learn from the best.

8) 8)
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                            X