Lost 'smart' key may total a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost 'smart' key may total a car

So much for new technology. I wonder why she didn't have a spare smart key?

I have a smart key for my 2009 altima. They are so nice to have but this scenario is concerning.

Thankfully I have a spare smart key.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

This is idiotic. If no one can make a key on-site, rent a trailer and take the car to the dealership.

--'85.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85
        This is idiotic. If no one can make a key on-site, rent a trailer and take the car to the dealership.

--'85.
        7'6" clearance though....is there a trailer that could fit it lol.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Her whiny personality is a perfect match for that car.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

So much fail in that vid it's stupefying.

Apparently that's the first car ever to break-down or become otherwise undrivable while in a parking garage. Good grief, buy or borrow a set of car dollies, find a friend with a pickup and a tow strap, and you should have no problem getting that rolling political statement to the nearest garage exit and tow truck. Oh, and sweetie, the majority of tow trucks are flatbeds these days, and your car - while a super-duper special hybrid - still only uses the front two wheels for drive purposes. A standard old-school tow truck will be just fine, if need be. It won't ruin the magical unicorn under the hood.

Shouldn't expect too much from - not just a Toyota owner - but a Toyota Prius owner. They have to be the LCD of the car owner IQ world. Combine that goodness with a journalist and you have the recipe for a black hole of common sense.

I've never understood the point of smart keys anyway. We've dumbed-down the driving experience to the point I'm surprised Paris Hilton doesn't have her teacup yorkie chauffeuring her around.

Comment

I can think of so many ways to get that car out of that garage, is she dealing with idiots?...I hope it gets totaled.

Comment

I found this on the Prius chat forum.

the end of the "don't lose your keys or else" myth

Comment

They give you two key fobs - did she lose both?

Comment

Working...
                  X