Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XManCometh
    Originally posted by RoyalShock
    Kerry deserves those royalties. Lots and lots of royalties. One of the best rock songs ever written on one of the best albums ever recorded, IMHO.

As for NCAA basketball, there were NO games released this year that I know of, as EA took this seaason off. Who knows if there will be one next year.
    EA completely discontinued it's NCAA Basketball franchise, so I wouldn't expect them to jump back into making another one during this generation of consoles. The money just isn't there. 2k might want to jump back in, but I believe EA has exclusive rights with the Collegiate Licensing Company to use schools.

Anyway, I really liked College Hoops 2k8 (with Greg Oden on the cover) and played the career mode extensively. Loved taking crappy teams like Lipscomb to the tourny, then bolting for a bigger program. Made me really feel like more of a man. ;)

If you are considering an NCAA game, remember this: One of the best things about NCAA games, imo, is that after you sim or play ahead 3-4 seasons, all the players are computer generated so you don't have to worry about the rosters not being 100% correct at the start.
    EA ruins the game of basketball. 2k is far better at making basketball games than EA is. I think the licensing rights with EA run out in 2012. So the next college basketball game is still a year or two out, unfortunately.

I have to agree with your last paragraph. Once you get so engrossed in the career mode, it doesn't matter who is on the roster, but it is kinda cool to see the present day shockers on there. FWIW, Turg is still coaching the shocks in 2015 on my 2k7 game ;)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
      Kerry deserves those royalties. Lots and lots of royalties. One of the best rock songs ever written on one of the best albums ever recorded, IMHO.

As for NCAA basketball, there were NO games released this year that I know of, as EA took this seaason off. Who knows if there will be one next year.
      Agree. I just bought that CD for the 10th time b/c I've lost or broken them over the years. It really stands the test of time. 35 years old!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        Originally posted by Smooth007
        Originally posted by SubGod22
        Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
        Next year im going to pick up one of the NCAA basketball games for him.
        I really wish 2k would get back into it. I'd really like to buy a new College Basketball game.
        You can download 2010-11 rosters for 2k8. That game is amazing still and the shocks are rated well. Whomever did the update for the MVC did a decent job on the download I pulled.
        I'll have to look into that. That is still by far THE BEST College Basketball game ever made.
        Yep, by far.

I just started a new legacy for the 2K8 game again this year. Totally forgot about it. It still kicks ass! EA put their last game out last year. I never bought that POS, but the CBS and ESPN graphics really made the game look legit, but of course, the EA game engine is absolute garbage. If 2k can just get those CBS and ESPN overlays, it would never be topped.

I'm praying 2k gets back into the game in the next couple of years. I never understood why EA bought the rights for it, essentially buying out 2k, and then they drop the game themselves. Greedy punks. It's one of the reasons why I refuse to buy another POS EA game for anything.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Gee maybe someone might have to learn to play a real instrument
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
              Gee maybe someone might have to learn to play a real instrument
              Someone already had that idea.

Comment

My understanding was that the exclusivity rights EA was trying to get never happened. But it appeared that it would so 2k didn't spend time making a game. However, the fees for making such a game went up and that's what 2k has been dealing with. I check from time to time and it sounds like they'd like to get back in, but the liscencing fees are absurd now in their mind.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Here this might help! :D 8)
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Working...
                  X