Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Hero No More

No More Rocking Out: 'Guitar Hero' Gets the Ax

I had no idea these games were struggling. I do enjoy playing every time the family gets together though.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Its expensive as all hell to make these games though with all the licensing fees for the music they use. While Im sure they saw a profit of some sort it was very minuscule.

Comment

Hadn't thought about that aspect of it.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Licensing fees are huge expense, but I think they were just beat out by the Rock Band franchise. I always thought Rock Band was better anyways, in terms of being more realistic and a better music selection.

Comment

Did I misread the article that said Rock Band has ended as well?
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I noticed that just a few weeks after Rock Band 3 hit the shelves the price dropped in half. Sales must have been awful.

Comment

All I know is we were going to buy either Guitar Hero or Rock Band for my 9 year old for Christmas and he told us hell no.

I was even going to swallow my pride and get him DJ Hero and he said he didnt want it. (I love that kid)

hes starting to get into video games more and more but he's into Call of Duty, Madden and Little League Baseball. Plays alot on the Wii and his Nintendo DS. Next year im going to pick up one of the NCAA basketball games for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
                Next year im going to pick up one of the NCAA basketball games for him.
                I really wish 2k would get back into it. I'd really like to buy a new College Basketball game.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  I really wish 2k would get back into it. I'd really like to buy a new College Basketball game.
                  You can download 2010-11 rosters for 2k8. That game is amazing still and the shocks are rated well. Whomever did the update for the MVC did a decent job on the download I pulled.
                  Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007
                    Originally posted by SubGod22
                    You can download 2010-11 rosters for 2k8. That game is amazing still and the shocks are rated well. Whomever did the update for the MVC did a decent job on the download I pulled.
                    I'll have to look into that. That is still by far THE BEST College Basketball game ever made.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'm not even sure if EA made a college basketball game this year. If they're so concerned with someone else making money off of a sports game, I don't see why they didn't just let the 2k team work on the game, and then have it published by EA or something.

Comment

The writer of "Carry on my Wayward Son" told me several years ago that he was not getting any royalites from Guitar Hero and had to hire an entertainment lawyer.

How in the world could the creators not think that they need to pay royalties?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
                          The writer of "Carry on my Wayward Son" told me several years ago that he was not getting any royalites from Guitar Hero and had to hire an entertainment lawyer.

How in the world could the creators not think that they need to pay royalties?
                          I was including Royalties with my licensing fee statement but I know they arent the same thing and actually should have included the wording.

But yeah thats pretty retarded.

Comment

Kerry deserves those royalties. Lots and lots of royalties. One of the best rock songs ever written on one of the best albums ever recorded, IMHO.

As for NCAA basketball, there were NO games released this year that I know of, as EA took this seaason off. Who knows if there will be one next year.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              Kerry deserves those royalties. Lots and lots of royalties. One of the best rock songs ever written on one of the best albums ever recorded, IMHO.

As for NCAA basketball, there were NO games released this year that I know of, as EA took this seaason off. Who knows if there will be one next year.
                              EA completely discontinued it's NCAA Basketball franchise, so I wouldn't expect them to jump back into making another one during this generation of consoles. The money just isn't there. 2k might want to jump back in, but I believe EA has exclusive rights with the Collegiate Licensing Company to use schools.

Anyway, I really liked College Hoops 2k8 (with Greg Oden on the cover) and played the career mode extensively. Loved taking crappy teams like Lipscomb to the tourny, then bolting for a bigger program. Made me really feel like more of a man. ;)

If you are considering an NCAA game, remember this: One of the best things about NCAA games, imo, is that after you sim or play ahead 3-4 seasons, all the players are computer generated so you don't have to worry about the rosters not being 100% correct at the start.

Comment

Working...
                              X