• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC
    I don't think it is an act.

I think he is mentally ill.
    +1
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

If you take the position he doesn’t have serious mental-health issues - an implausible position, I think, I agree with Kung Wu and ABC - and you don’t care one bit about his drug problem, he’s still an absolutely ridiculous person who doesn’t “deserve” a fraction of the attention he so clearly enjoys. But if his drug problem and his mental health aren’t issues, then he is also an immensely entertaining or at least engrossing spectacle. Like I wrote before, it’s rare to see someone own his idiocy and self-destruction so completely, never mind so boldly. He makes it hard to look away.

On the other hand, there are problems. First of all, what he’s doing to his family is disgusting even if he is sane and sober. Moreover, he may be (temporarily) sober, but it’s not clear to me he’s sane. Regardless, there’s a certain flies-on-fecal-matter aspect to the spectacle – every interview I have seen clips of…regardless of how the interviewer might try to make it about something “important” - the truth is that everyone involved is simply turning the cameras on a human trainwreck for the ratings.

It’s impossible for me to feel sorry for anyone save his family and the crew members of his TV show who lost their jobs. And I can hardly condemn the entertainment press for trying to satisfy demand for a better view. But I could do with a good deal less “serious” coverage of this entirely unserious human being.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
        I don't think it is an act.

I think he is mentally ill.

No kidding....he's just not that good.

Comment

In my former line of work, I had the unfortunate privilege of encountering numerous individuals who engaged in the illicit activity of using whatever. Some happen to be former classmates and acquaintances who I once knew as being as normal as can be. Charlie Sheen was once normal, but his overindulgence of cocaine, pot, booze and whatever else he has experimented with has 'fried' his brain.

The guy has lost too many brain cells and he's at the tipping point right now. Is it too late, don't know, but I know if he continues to live the life he is currently living, his brain is going to shrink to the size of a softball. Poor guy, hope he gets back on track.

Comment

Charlie Sheen Suing 'Two and a Half Men' for $100 Million
            Sheen, 45, is demanding he get paid for the eight "Two and a Half Men" episodes that were canceled this year, and he's also suing to gain lost wages and benefits for the show's crew.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
              But if his drug problem and his mental health aren’t issues, then he is also an immensely entertaining or at least engrossing spectacle. Like I wrote before, it’s rare to see someone own his idiocy and self-destruction so completely, never mind so boldly. He makes it hard to look away.
              :good:
              "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Working...
              X