Blake Hinson 6'7 G/F 2018 to Ole Miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blake Hinson 6'7 G/F 2018 to Ole Miss

Wichita State has offered 6'7 Blake Hinson from Daytona, Florida tonight. Blake is listed as a shooting guard or small forward. He is a two sport athlete, who has also received D-1 football offers from the likes of Florida, Miami, Michigan and Texas to play tight end. On the basksetball court he's received offers from Miami, Florida State, Boston College, Central Florida, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, FGCU and Long Beach State. He plays for Deltona HS and runs with the Showtime Ballers on the Adidas circuit. Rivals ranks him as a 4-star recruit and #84 in his class.

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGnDv4tPrQo & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnMf2EE0gMk

Rivals: https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...-hinson-181657
    ESPN: http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...2/blake-hinson
    VC: http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/blake-hinson

Blake Hinson‏*
    @B_Hinson21
    Blessed to receive a offer from Wichita state! #Goshockers

I will be very interested to see the next young student athlete that doesn't "run" on the Under Armour circuit. Just sayin'.

Now, has this kid reclassified? I think I remember him signing.....and actually playing like 5 years at SWOMO.
    Last edited by WuDrWu; June 21, 2017, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I will be very interested to see the next young student athlete that doesn't "run" on the Under Armour circuit. Just sayin'.
      I've also taken note.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Now, has this kid reclassified? I think I remember him signing.....and actually playing like 5 years at SWOMO.
        I believe you are thinking of Blake Ahern. Maybe Barry named his son after Blake - there's a shot fake joke there somewhere

Comment

It listed him at 6'7 and 240 on Rivals. I know. They always fudge a little on heights and weights. They had a video from his HS frosh year and just wow. He was already as big as he is now and he has handles to spare.

Comment

Damn. All I can say.

Comment

Lol. The fact that he performs like a SG but is 6'7 and looks like he weighs 220 lbs, that's just insane. And he just finished up his sophomore year in high school? Yeesh

Comment

Shockers come up with a steal that leads to a Shaquille Morris dunk as Miami leads narrowly 42-39.Watch highlights, game recaps, and much more from the 2016 ...

But can he beat this?

Comment

That's what you call a power guard! Needs to drop about 20 lbs so he can guard the little guys on the perimeter. Power forward with serious range for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    That's what you call a power guard! Needs to drop about 20 lbs so he can guard the little guys on the perimeter. Power forward with serious range for sure.
                    More likely a P5 tight end, I suspect.

Comment

Blake is transferring to Sunrise. Had a big summer and will probably land on Top 100 from several sites. You have to remember he also has several high-major D1 football offers, so this seems like a good indication he's leaning towards playing hoops in college.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                        Blake is transferring to Sunrise. Had a big summer and will probably land on Top 100 from several sites. You have to remember he also has several high-major D1 football offers, so this seems like a good indication he's leaning towards playing hoops in college.
                        http://www.news-journalonline.com/sp...istian-academy
                        Its ironic that the timing of this announcement comes a month or so following WSU's scholarship offer. Hmmmmm. Is there any connection perhaps?

With this guys size to go with his perimeter skill level, he would be a dynamite stretch PF to go with D'Antoni Gordon at the other forward.

Comment

He's leaving for Sunrise August 16. That will get him here in time to get into some pickup games at CKA.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

My unsolicited advise to young Mr. Hinson, which is worth exactly what he is paying for it, would be to go the college basketball route. That still leaves the opportunity to play football open. He would not be the 1st NFL tight end to have played college basketball. OTOH, you don't here to many college football players moving on to the NBA.

One thing's for certain, at the very least the Shocks will get an unofficial visit from Blake.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 4, 2017, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              .... That still leaves the opportunity to play football open. He would be the 1st NFL tight end to have played college basketball. OTOH, you don't here to many college football players moving on to the NBA.

One thing's for certain, at the very least the Shocks will get an unofficial visit from Blake.
                              It's been done. For example, Tony Gonzalez played both football and basketball for Cal. There are probably more.

Comment

Working...
                              X