Softball Recruit Has Enticing Stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softball Recruit Has Enticing Stats

Chelsea (Okla.) softball pitcher Kasha Kolb, who has orally committed to WSU, ended her career with a perfect game in the Class 3A championship earlier this month. She struck out 12 in a 1-0 victory over Henryetta, giving her a state record 1,660 strikeouts for her career. She went 42-0 with a 0.00 ERA this season.

:good:

She sounds real good, and I am sure a recruiting coup for the coaches. Looking forward to seeing her pitch here.

Comment

So Oklahoma plays HS softball in the fall?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock

I noticed that earlier this year too. How weird. Do they do this because girls basketball is a big deal there?

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
          Originally posted by rrshock

I noticed that earlier this year too. How weird. Do they do this because girls basketball is a big deal there?
          It is? Do they play VB in the fall or spring? What about soccer?

Comment

Or it could be because they don't want softball and baseball to conflict with each other.

Comment

My guess is it has something to do with summer ball in Oklahoma. Softball is absolutely huge in Oklahoma, and in the fall it can be showcased as well as not conflicting with summer league teams who get started late in the spring.

I would venture a thought that if Oklahoma were to play softball in the spring, their number of athletes participating would drop dramatically. This move makes softball a year-round sport in the state.

Comment

Shocker Softball officially announces 2009 signing class.

Third-year head softball coach Mike Perniciaro has announced the signing of six student-athletes to National Letters-of-Intent to play softball at Wichita State. BreAnna Brown, Holly Eckert, Hilary Fort, Kasha Kolb, Brittney Osborn and Kersti Rowan will all join the program for the 2009 season.

Overall it looks like a good class. Kasha Kolb is clearly the Star Recruit of this class and would appear to be quite a get for Shocker softball.

Kasha Kolb is a right-handed pitcher from Chelsea High School in Chelsea, Okla., and a member of the Tulsa Eagles Gold ASA club. Kolb owns six national high school pitching records including 66 career no-hitters, 24 career perfect games, 40 shutouts in 2007 (single-season record), 25 no-hitters in a season, 13 perfect games in a season which came in her junior season, and tied the national earned run average record with a 0.00 ERA last season. She ranks second all-time nationally with 92 career shutouts, No. 8 all-time with 1,660 strikeouts. Her career record at Chelsea HS was 109-15, and her career ERA was just 0.16. Kolb's 13 perfect games as a junior are also a national record, while she went 42-0 last season as a senior with 624 strikeouts, 40 shutouts, 25 no-hitters and nine perfect games. Kolb gave up just 38 hits in 277 innings of work as a senior.
                As discussed previously these records and stats are somewhat mind-boggling.

I am definitely going to have to catch some games with Kasha on the mound.

:goshocks:

Comment

Not only did Kasha have a 0.00 ERA in her senior season but she gave up 0.96 hits per seven innings pitched. That's about as close to unhittable as you can get.

I suppose the only question mark is how good was the competition she faced. Still the numbers are hard to ignore.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Oklahoma high school softball is very competetive at all levels. Kasha is the real deal baby!
                    By the way, softball is a year around sport in Oklahoma. They start high school ball 2 weeks before school starts and go right into travel ball at the end of the high school season (mid Oct) Travel teams will play all the way through from Oct to August.
                    They have a huge advantage over Kansas players who are very limited due to a spring high school season.
                    Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Originally posted by double dribble
                      Oklahoma high school softball is very competetive at all levels. Kasha is the real deal baby!
                      By the way, softball is a year around sport in Oklahoma. They start high school ball 2 weeks before school starts and go right into travel ball at the end of the high school season (mid Oct) Travel teams will play all the way through from Oct to August.
                      They have a huge advantage over Kansas players who are very limited due to a spring high school season.
                      You are absolutely right. The best thing is that with the number of games a pitcher can pitch in softball (some pitchers pitch every game of the season for their team even at the top teams), a dominant pitcher can make you an instant contender, not only for conference championships, but for national championships.
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

DD knows softball like Tyrone knows the crossover. Trust me on this one.
                        Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by double dribble
                          Every state has an advantage over Kansas in every sport due to the KSHSAA.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                            Not only did Kasha have a 0.00 ERA in her senior season but she gave up 0.96 hits per seven innings pitched. That's about as close to unhittable as you can get.

I suppose the only question mark is how good was the competition she faced. Still the numbers are hard to ignore.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:
                            Having thought about this a little more, the natural laws of luck should get you more hits than that per 7 innings.........that number is almost hard to believe. Actually, not almost; it's damned hard to comprehend.

Comment

Her summer team was top notch.
                              Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Working...
                              X